Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need parts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 01:33 PM
JBronco
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Actually I thought about taking one of the rear windows from those tailgates, because my defroster has some bad grids. But I don't know how I could tell if the window's defoster would be any better than mine, you can't really look at it and tell because for all appearances mine looks fine too. It would be a lot of work for nothing if it didn't work, although I have never actually removed the back glass - maybe it's not a hard job? The defroster could hardly work any worse than mine, mine gets power to the grid but has a lot of dead spots that I found when I took a test light to it. I was going to use that repair stuff but never bothered.

Old 03-19-2005, 10:36 PM
esoteric781
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like your defroster works a hell of a lot better than mine, at least you have spots where it works, mine is non-functional. that's another project for summertime though, along with a paint job and a new sound system. Definitely let me know if you can find any of those two pieces. Thanks for lookin!

Old 03-20-2005, 12:20 AM
bigredsbronco
Senior User
If you have a way to put power to the window on a junk vehicle and set the window about midway with the tail gate down, ( close the latch on the side just as if the tailgate were shut) take the inside panel off and you can remove the window in just a few minutes, its pretty easy if the window switch works up front or they have the key to roll the window up or down and a jumper for the battery cables in engine compartment

Old 03-20-2005, 12:23 AM
bigredsbronco
Senior User
the defroster can be checked with an OHM meter once the tailgate panel is off

Old 03-20-2005, 12:26 AM
bigredsbronco
Senior User
check out www.car-parts.com

Old 03-20-2005, 04:30 PM
JBronco
Postmaster
Originally Posted by bigredsbronco
If you have a way to put power to the window on a junk vehicle and set the window about midway with the tail gate down, ( close the latch on the side just as if the tailgate were shut) take the inside panel off and you can remove the window in just a few minutes, its pretty easy if the window switch works up front or they have the key to roll the window up or down and a jumper for the battery cables in engine compartment
Yeah, I thought about that. I'm just not motivated enough to go to the boneyard, remove the battery from my truck, lug it over to the dead Bronco, and test the window. And I take a chance of messing up my battery somehow, it's an expensive 1,000 CCA battery. I think that I am going to get a brand new window with a brand new grid. Because most of the old Bronco's defrosters work about as good as mine, from what I have read here.

Old 03-20-2005, 04:32 PM
JBronco
Postmaster
Originally Posted by bigredsbronco
the defroster can be checked with an OHM meter once the tailgate panel is off
Now that's an idea. I considered that too. I guess that I would put the contacts at the beginning and end points of the grid.

Old 03-23-2005, 07:00 PM
richard729
New User
'96 EB Bronco

The next time you stop by the "yard" I'd appreciate you picking up a "high" or "third" stop light for the back of my Bronco. The light is available from either the pickup or from a Bronco. It is all one unit that unplugs from the harness after the removal of the two screws that hold it in place.

I'm also searching for the interior door panel(s) for the Eddie Bauer model. The color I need is tan or light brown with the carpet insert along the bottom. Right now I'm only interested in the drivers side but would take both if necessary.

Thanks,

Old 03-23-2005, 10:33 PM
JBronco
Postmaster
Originally Posted by richard729
The next time you stop by the "yard" I'd appreciate you picking up a "high" or "third" stop light for the back of my Bronco. The light is available from either the pickup or from a Bronco. It is all one unit that unplugs from the harness after the removal of the two screws that hold it in place.

I'm also searching for the interior door panel(s) for the Eddie Bauer model. The color I need is tan or light brown with the carpet insert along the bottom. Right now I'm only interested in the drivers side but would take both if necessary.

Thanks,
I'll be going back in a little while, as soon as they bring some more Broncos over to the yard (there is a seperate fenced yard next to the u-pick with many more vehicles). The folks running the place just recently bought it, the fenced off side was for late model vehicles but I saw all types; and the guy said that they are pulling older vehicles over to the U-Pick side. That's why they are closed on Monday and Tuesday, they have been pulling the vehicles over. If I have a chance I will go by and ask them to pull some Broncos if possible. I know for sure that there is at least one more over there, and I _think_ that I saw the third brake light on it. The top was tan so it must be an EB. And it would probably have a tan interior then, the truck was red-burgundy color with a tan top. I don't know the year though. I could only see it from the back. and din't really study it or anything, I was hoping that the U-Pick extended over there but it did not.

The two Broncos in the yard now are both too early for the third brake light. If a pickup one would work, there might be one there. But I don't recall seeing any late model Ford F-series trucks either because I had my eye out for them too, but I didn't look as hard for them as I did for Broncos. I don't know what the cutoff is for "late model" over there, but I did tell the guy that all Broncos were older vehicles since they stopped making them in 1996 and he agreed with that. I also told him that I will come back looking for Broncos so he knows that he has a potential buyer for Bronco parts.

With that said, I'll check back in a week or two and bring the list. If it's not too expensive I'll pull your parts and pay for them and you can reimburse me. If I don't have enough cash, which I probably won't if it's more than $20 or so, I'll pull the part and have them hold it for me and you can send the money and I can pick it up when it arrives and send it out to you. I just got a job after being unemployed for months so money is tight for me. They only take cash or checks, no credit cards.

I don't mind pulling parts for you guys, but I am not pulling any transmissions, transfer cases, differentials, etc. I would not even do that for myself, I'd pay someone to go under there and pull the stuff for me. I don't do that type of work anymore. But I'll be happy to unbolt whatever else you might need.

JB

Old 04-13-2005, 10:50 PM
esoteric781
New User
hey, just wondering if you had any luck finding any of the tailgate access panels? thanks!

Old 04-14-2005, 09:47 AM
JBronco
Postmaster
Sorry guys, I have not gone yet - I recently started a new job and I work 12 hour graveyard shifts, either 3 or 4 of them a week. I am still trying to get adjusted. I just got home, about an hour ago, and I am about to go to bed and then I will have to wake up in the afternoon to go pull another shift. Suffice it to say that I am very discombobulated at the moment. Everything is off; my eating schedule, my sleeping schedule, even my "evacuation" schedule. Everyhting is out of whack. And to make it worse, I am off every Sunday, Monday and Tuesday (I like that, that's not the problem per se) and the boneyard is closed on Sundays, Mondays and Tuesdays. what luck!

But I promise to go soon and if I can locate and pull any parts for you guys I will. I got the job right after I had made that post - when I posted that I was free to go there any time. But it is not an inconvenience at all to try to find y'alls parts - I want to go. I am just having trouble telling the sunrise from the sunset at the moment. For example I feel like it is about 8 pm but in actuality it is 8:45 AM.

Old 04-19-2005, 07:17 AM
3broncocrazy
Postmaster
Hang in there JBronco

Old 04-19-2005, 09:04 PM
JBronco
Postmaster
Thanks - I had planned to go over the weekend as I was off; but I had developed some sort of strange illness. All of the sudden my feet swelled up and then I just got bloated all over and could not get my pants buttoned or my boots on. So I stayed in for every day of my four day weekend. What a bummer.

I do not know what the problem was, I got a million diagnoses by a million people. Everything from congenital heart disease to pregnancy (!). But the bloating finally went down today, just in time for me to go back to work tomorrow. Bummer #2, although I am happy that all of the swelling is gone.

So please, no diagnoses, I have heard them all by now. If it ever comes back I will see a doctor. I think that at 41, my wild and reckless past is catching up with me. Anyway I will get to the boneyard as soon as I can and look for y'alls parts. If they are cheap enough or free little parts then I am not even worried about any reimbursement - I know that you guys would do it for me.

Old 04-19-2005, 09:06 PM
JBronco
Postmaster
Originally Posted by esoteric781
hey, just wondering if you had any luck finding any of the tailgate access panels? thanks!
Yes. There were at least two of them last time I was there. Unless there was a sudden run on them, they are still there.

Just hang in there, I will get it for you. Please see my last post. I was supposed to go over the weekend but could not go.

Old 04-19-2005, 09:12 PM
3broncocrazy
Postmaster
Dang, hate to hear about the illness - i'm the ~ same age so i hope i don't get it........oh well, good to hear ya better