General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

sunscreens

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 11:13 PM
unclehan
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sunscreens

I want to start using sunscreens since they prevent sun damage and wrinkles. It seems to be a good idea.

But the lotion I used seems "heavy". I can "feel" there is a tangible layer/coating of something on my skin. This is not a pleasant feeling. My face feels like I've been in a marathon in a hot summer day and does not take a shower afterward.

Do you feel the same way about it?

Old 03-04-2005, 07:35 AM
Bruker
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I never use sunscreen, I heard the chemicals in them cause cancer.

Old 03-04-2005, 08:16 AM
D-ranged2.5
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I assume you're a guy? There are a number of products available online at Sephora's online store (www.sephora.com) that are a bit pricey, but work. You're going to probably want a moisturizer with SPF if you're looking to improve the condition of your skin. In some cases, if you can find a counter at a department store that carries a brand you're interested in trying, they will give you some (usually a small sample) to take home and try for a few days. I LOVE Benefit... they have a product called "do it daily"... it's a very nice moisturizer with SPF 12... it'll set you back almost $30 but I honestly think it's worth it. You might be able to find something for much cheaper someplace like Target though. For what it's worth, this stuff (I use it) makes your skin *very* smooth, and keeps it that way without getting oily all day. I haven't found one yet, but there might be something comparable at a more affordable price if you look around. Usually, though, you'll mostly find SPF available in foundations, or tinted moisturizers, which might do you some good, depending on your comfort level...