1966 Crew Cab (rarity, prices)

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 10:42 AM
Unicr0n
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by fomocoloco
i know where a 1965 crewcab is here locally in kansas. i considered buying it last year but i need another project like a another hole in my head. i have inspected it. it is a shortbed crew. bed is decent. not perfect. body is not bad. will need some work as they always will. headliner is in pieces. truck did start and run. 6 cylinder 4 speed. the railroad bought crewcabs and used them here. this truck is an old rr truck. i posted about this truck last year but noone seemed interested.

jim
Jim, is this still available? Sorry I'm so late to the party.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:19 PM
SJ Bikesaws
Senior User
unibody crew????

I saw a very odd crew for sale about 18+ years ago. This was in front of a junkyard (Alton Enterprises) that I used to "frequent" in Alamogordo, NM. Even the junkyard is long gone, its an exit ramp now.
I think it was a 61 to 63 because of the unibody. It was wearing a unibody bed, 4 doors, a faded baby blue paint job, and a 429/auto under the hood. They only wanted $1500 (I think) for it and it was running good but at the time I was a bit on the poor side.

So my question is, was this uni-crew a backyard built truck or did Ford ever produce one?

I know the 429 was a transplant of course. If this was a home built job then who ever did it was very skilled and it was done long enough ago that the paint was at least 20 years faded.

Eventually I am going to build my own 60's crew to sit on my 93 F350 4wd crew chassis since I have enough 65/66 cabs and doors lying around to do it. I just love over the top metal art.

Old 01-22-2009, 01:42 PM
SJ Bikesaws
Senior User
The reason I am asking is mainly because at the time, these weren't even cool trucks, just old trucks. Besides me, a guy that used to work as a ford dealer mechanic, and my auto shop instructor, nobody else even had a nice one in the entire county. I still remember people telling me "awww, to bad its not the 57 to 60 body style".
We also ended up owning both the mechanics and the shop teachers trucks BTW. I couldn't imagine someone putting that much work into a 60's F truck that wasn't me or my brother.

Old 01-23-2009, 03:06 PM
fomocoloco
Senior User
crewcab in kansas

[i wish. someone found it before i made up my mind to go get it. sorry.

jim oberg

QUOTE=SJ Bikesaws;7042521]I saw a very odd crew for sale about 18+ years ago. This was in front of a junkyard (Alton Enterprises) that I used to "frequent" in Alamogordo, NM. Even the junkyard is long gone, its an exit ramp now.

, 4 doors, a faded baby blue paint job, and a 429/auto under the hood. They only wanted $1500 (I think) for it and it was running good but at the time I was a bit on the poor side.

So my question is, was this uni-crew a backyard built truck or did Ford ever produce one?

I know the 429 was a transplant of course. If this was a home built job then who ever did it was very skilled and it was done long enough ago that the paint was at least 20 years faded.

Eventually I am going to build my own 60's crew to sit on my 93 F350 4wd crew chassis since I have enough 65/66 cabs and doors lying around to do it. I just love over the top metal art.[/QUOTE]

Old 01-23-2009, 05:57 PM
garbz2
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You mean a uni like this....

Garbz

Old 01-24-2009, 10:15 AM
IsoGrifo
Elder User
garbz yours isn't a true unibody crew though is it? thought it was a uni bed but no actually a uni truck?

Old 01-24-2009, 05:06 PM
SJ Bikesaws
Senior User
Originally Posted by garbz2

Garbz
Looked close to it, but it did have a unibody. I'm always trying to keep an eye open for it incase its still around here. That truck is VERY cool BTW, I WANT ONE!!!!!

Old 01-24-2009, 05:11 PM
SJ Bikesaws
Senior User
Eventually, I want to build my own 4 door LB to set on my little mule. I have a few nice cabs and a stack of doors to do it with. Here she is sitting at home in the "driveway".

Old 01-24-2009, 05:58 PM
garbz2
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
No such thing as a factory uni crew...All ford crew cabs prior to 65 were coach built. Could a coach builder have done one. possibly. There was a guy in texas that built a bunch of uni body extended cab trucks.

I made the Suicide Crew a uni split bed with parts an pieces of other trucks, Quite a few actually. I would have liked to finish it but i had to sell it to afford my move to Arizona.

Garbz

Old 01-24-2009, 08:09 PM
SJ Bikesaws
Senior User
No such thing as a factory uni crew...All ford crew cabs prior to 65 were coach built. Could a coach builder have done one. possibly. There was a guy in texas that built a bunch of uni body extended cab trucks.

I made the Suicide Crew a uni split bed with parts an pieces of other trucks, Quite a few actually. I would have liked to finish it but i had to sell it to afford my move to Arizona.

Garbz
Bummer you had to sell it, I had the same problem when I moved, had to sell my 65 F700 dump truck due to space issues. My wife couldn't figure out why it left me so crushed. Who wouldn't want one???? I had big plans for it.

Old 07-18-2009, 07:28 AM
cleve19land
New User
1966 ford f-350 4-door

new member....joined because i've seen more here about the old crew cabs than anywhere...i have a 1966 ford <NOBR id=itxt_nobr_1_0 style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 100%">f-350</NOBR> 4-door....it is listed on ebay at this time....if you would like to take a look at it the ebay number is 200362921005...it is nice....i'm selling it because i just moved back to huntington, wv from biloxi, ms and renovating my old family home....take a look and see what you think....thanks <!-- / message --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig -->

Old 07-18-2009, 12:40 PM
masterqi
Senior User
I think there's a section for Classifieds.

Old 07-19-2009, 08:52 PM
RocketMonkey28
Senior User
Hey BikeSaws...we are on the same page! I have a 97 F30 Crew that I would LOVE to put a mid sixties crew cab on. I just had to write, that cracked me up when I saw the pic of your truck. I bought mine with that thought in mind. If there are any mid sixties crew cab shells left anywhere, anymore......that is....

Old 07-20-2009, 05:50 AM
jwh f-100
Freshman User

Garbz

Dave, Is your crew still around Hazelton??? Love that truck!! drool drool

Old 07-20-2009, 10:48 AM
SJ Bikesaws
Senior User
Originally Posted by RocketMonkey28
Hey BikeSaws...we are on the same page! I have a 97 F30 Crew that I would LOVE to put a mid sixties crew cab on. I just had to write, that cracked me up when I saw the pic of your truck. I bought mine with that thought in mind. If there are any mid sixties crew cab shells left anywhere, anymore......that is....
Same thing I though about the day I bought mine. I love everything about the truck,,,,,except that ugly square chevy lookin body and all of the plastic in the cab.

Quick Reply: 1966 Crew Cab (rarity, prices)