1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

no show at the truck show...dang it !

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 06:21 PM
spitty
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
our thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

Old 02-24-2005, 07:22 PM
fatfenders
Post Fiend
Received 123 Likes on 94 Posts
Here's another set sponsored by El Cabron. This is a 268 piece satin S/S bed kit. This will be the only bed kit offered unless someone wants to step forward and sponser another kit. This one's heavy and expensive to ship. Our cost is about $25 shipped. Starting bids are being kept low from this point forward to save on ebay commissions. Has nothing to do with value of the kit. Satin kits normally sell for about $45 plus shipping from most of the major F100 vendors.

If you want to upgrade this kit to the "polishyourowndamnself kit" that can be arranged. I can provide the materials to polish this kit for a reasonable price. You will only need provide your own drill and a bench grinder. It ain't much fun, but yes, you can in fact do it yourself show quality S/S hardware.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4531085512

Old 02-25-2005, 07:06 AM
Jet Jock
Elder User
All

Sorry I forgot to post the details.

Address

Bill Thornton
2224 Charsley Road
Kingsport, TN 37660

Cell
423-647-6441

Old 02-25-2005, 08:50 AM
fatfenders
Post Fiend
I guess a couple issues need addressed at this time.

1. There will be a full accounting of all proceeds collected. Since everybody here hasn't known Bill and I for years. There will be as much transparency as possible, and your privacy will be protected at the same time if you wish. A lot of you guys are way too classy to flaunt the amount of your contribution around publicly. We do need to have a roster of contributions though, but you can certainly be cooltruckguy or JustAnotherChuck or whatever you desire.

2. El Cabron has made a substantial donation to buy more stainless. So more auctions will follow. I have learned I will be out of town with my job from next Monday-Thursday. I don't know if I will have internet access so all auctions will be started before I leave.

3. All donations or S/S auction payments should be sent to Bill at the address above. Only exception will be for PayPal. Those will go through my account. Then forwarded to Bill via check for full accounting. You can also just donate through PayPal if you wish. (My AOL email address is my PayPal Account) PM me through FTE if you need it. Accompany it with a note so I know your intent.

4. And finally, we are all in different financial situations. I'll throw up some cheaper S/S stuff for those of you that want to throw a small donation in the FTE hat.

Hopefully I haven't over-explained myself yet again.

(EDIT, now that I have seen RJs post below). I think this will be easier if you cut the check to Bill and he can consolidate all proceeds. Rather than have 20 checks in the mail a second time. Imagine if they all got lost.

Last edited by fatfenders; 02-25-2005 at 09:07 AM.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:59 AM
Randy Jack
Postmaster

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bill -

Do I make out the check to John?

Old 02-25-2005, 01:26 PM
fatfenders
Post Fiend
They let me take the day off from the slave house. Got a little stainless polished today. There are five separate auctions up right now for S/S interior kits. Polished or not, your choice. This is a 53-55 kit, I've got those years covered. But it can be modified for 48-52 or 56 easy enough. Anybody out there with an assembled 48-52, or a 56 that would be willing to do a timely test install for me for proper fitment, before I ship the other kits out in a week? Cost will be 15 bucks, and I'll send corrected size hardware to you as necessary to make it right. Send the $$$ to Bill, and an email to me if you'll help out. I can ship a kit tomorrow. I'll make sure you have a kit that fits your truck before it's all over.

I'm going to stop posting auction links on the thread. Yell if you are having trouble finding anything and we'll talk you through it. Go to ebay.com and search for user 1953f100, and you shouldn't have any trouble.

Old 02-25-2005, 01:53 PM
Jag Red 54
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So far I am still winning on the polished running board set. Anyboy else want to bid it up? Jag (55fordtown)

Old 02-25-2005, 04:13 PM
F250Rob
Laughing Gas
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
John, add my thoughts and prayers to the list for your grandchild.

'Fenders, class act as always. Reminds me why I love this forum.

I've never done Ebay in the past, but put a $50 max bid in for the 268 pc. satin bed kit with the cause in mind. It's nice to be able to do something for John and the truck at the same time. Thanks again Fenders.

Rob

Old 02-25-2005, 04:47 PM
Jag Red 54
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For the new guys that may not be aware, fenders has been selling stainless fasteners to many of us here at FTE for years via EBAY. The quality is very good and his polishing skills are great. Most of the polished stainless fasteners in my cab were sold to me by Dewayne several years ago, before I even registered with FTE. (He even threw in the four polished screws on the cowl vent!) He is talking about retiring his SS fastener business, so now is the time to buy. It's a great cause and you will be happy with the product. JAG

Old 02-25-2005, 05:02 PM
fatfenders
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Jag Red 54
So far I am still winning on the polished running board set. Anyboy else want to bid it up? Jag (55fordtown)
Why would they? This ones cheaper At least for now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4531281489

Old 02-25-2005, 08:56 PM
OilLeaks
Senior User
John, sorry that you'll miss the show but understand - you have to take care of that grandson! Our thought and prayers with be with you and your family...let us know how he's doing!

Leaks

Old 02-26-2005, 08:40 AM
Jet Jock
Elder User
Randy

If you like you can make the check out to John or I am going to collect the money and checks (made to me) and send John a cashiers check.

Bill

Old 02-26-2005, 08:37 PM
Randy Jack
Postmaster

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bill - It's in the mail. Thanks.

Old 02-27-2005, 01:54 PM
Jet Jock
Elder User
Thanks Randy.

Bill

Old 02-27-2005, 06:18 PM
fatfenders
Post Fiend
Couple comments before we get to the final auction. I appreciate the support on this project guys, whether you are able to contribute or not. I know a lot of you are dealing with family illnesses of your own. I wish we could help everybody out, but of course that's not possible. And few can contribute to every good cause that comes along. I know I certainly can't. Thanks again.

I'm going to be out of town until Thursday PM. Don't know if I'll have net access. Some of the auctions will close before then. I have never handled anywhere near this many auctions before. It may be chaotic I'm afraid. Unless you have to PayPal. Send the money to Bill at the address he posted above. Shoot an email to me with your address and the auction number. Please don't send me checks. I'd rather deal with 1000s of pieces of hardware without dealing with the finances please. If you guys could keep this thread bumped to the front page it might help out.

The last auction has finally been posted. George contacted me and expressed interest in sponsoring a set. I was rummaging around and found most of a set I didn't know I had. So I finished it up and here it is.... The "Earl Goes California Polished S/S Buttonhead front clip kit". This kit will do the topside of the fenders and upper valance. Plus a few extra small polished buttonheads to match. Nuts, washers and lock washers are included in case you trashed all your nutplates. Everything that shows is nicely polished. The rest is satin. Auction may not show for a little while.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4531744277

I've outdone myself on bad pictures again. At the bottom of this post is a better example of what the stuff really looks like shortly. THE AUCTION IS NOT FOR A BED HOLD DOWN SET. Larger stuff better illustrates luster. It's closer anyhow.

Last edited by fatfenders; 02-27-2005 at 06:54 PM.

Quick Reply: no show at the truck show...dang it !