Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Minnesota Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Minnesota Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: fordpower88

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-19-2005, 05:01 AM
New User

Tom13752 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Radiator Replacement

Hey Guys,
Well I'm from the western suburbs of minneapolis and i need a new radiator, i went to a gas station garage and they quoted me at 650 dollars, reasonable price?
If you guys know of any trustoworthy mechanics or radiator guys in my area that would be a big help

Thanks,
Tom

96' F150
4.9l 300 5speed man.
Old 02-19-2005, 08:34 AM

Ford79 is a splendid one to beholdFord79 is a splendid one to beholdFord79 is a splendid one to beholdFord79 is a splendid one to beholdFord79 is a splendid one to beholdFord79 is a splendid one to beholdFord79 is a splendid one to behold
I got one for my car from a shop on Rice St. over in St.Paul. Can't remember the name right now though.

Roadside Help Network
Old 02-19-2005, 08:43 AM
Senior User

Spaznaut is starting off with a positive reputation.
Seems kinda high. Not sure be think the rads from NAPA run a little under 300.00. Not sure on this so check prices around your area. Its about an hour and a half job usually especially since yours is a straight drive with no trans cooler. New fluid 20.00. I'd check around.

Red, reg cab, short bed

Real men are never done.
Old 02-19-2005, 10:57 AM
New User

78duffman is starting off with a positive reputation.
How about one for under 120? check out RadiatorBarn Webpage for cheap radiators if you can afford to wait for shipping!!! my truck needs one also right now and a friend recommended this site.
Old 02-20-2005, 10:34 AM
Posting Guru

Boss_358 is starting off with a positive reputation.
That $650 is probably $200 for the Radiator, and the rest being labor costs. That price sounds pretty rediculous to me considering the truck is a manual. The last radiator I put in our 82 bronco cost me around $130 or so. I did order one over the net for our 79 T-Bird a couple years ago that was around the same price and I think that was actually a bigger radiator with the trans cooler. I can't remember the site though. But I got the gas tank for the T-bird with straps from them as well. I was pretty happy with it all. If you can, try and do the radiator yourself. Its not a hard fix. If you need im sure someone would be willing to help you out. I wouldn't mind, but I'm not really all that close to the western suburbs, but I guess it depends on what you mean by that. I'm near Milaca.
Old 02-20-2005, 10:34 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Minnesota Chapter

Tags
ford, radiator, replacement, truck