2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DSB......in fords favor???

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 12:58 PM
deltascrew
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DSB......in fords favor???

I friend of mine is fighting the same battle i am fighting, the VIBRATION

he just wend to DSB and was denied. Ford Had an engineer who apparently
testifies on ford behalf in these hearings and said his vibration was normal.
Apparently ford has studied up and learned how to win these cases.
i am worried because my vibration, like his, is intermittent and does not start until i've gone 50+ miles or so. but i do have a continous vibration at highway speed that is just strong enough to be annoying.

whats the best arguement against ford's stance?

thanks in advance

Old 02-16-2005, 01:40 PM
toypuller
Senior User
The best arguement would be that if it was normal then why would Ford and the dealer replace so many parts? Why would the spend thousands of dollars on parts if there was no problems? (rear axles, ring and pinion gears, tires, driveshafts, etc)

Why did they schedule service visits and then not inform you it was "normal"?

Why would they give an extended tire warranty for harshness and vibration?

Why do they advertise the "smoothest truck in America" instead of the "smoothest truck in America except for the small vibration"?

Why have so many others (myself included) gone through the DSB and were awarded buy backs or replacements? Is it that the DSB up until now has been unfair to Ford or is it that Ford is now saying the problem is normal?

Why are there multiple TSBs for a "normal" condition?

Why has Ford spent so much money and time to develop and install a "vibration dampner kit" for a condition that is normal?

Why has Ford hired outside consultants whose area of expertise is "vibration control"?

If it "normal" then why don't all the 2004 F-150s do it instead of a very small but real percentage of them?

Was it normal in the 2003 and will it be normal for the 2005? If not normal for the 2005 what did they change so it is not "normal" anymore?

If this is a normal condition does Ford still pay their dealers for the warranty work even though the condition does not warrant it?

Stay calm, get educated about what is coming and beat the hell out of them with quiet logic!

Last edited by toypuller; 02-16-2005 at 01:44 PM.
Old 02-16-2005, 02:10 PM
deltascrew
Senior User
toypuller,

did the ford service engineer acknowledge your vibration
or did he try the "it is normal response"

thanks for the advice!!!!!!!

Old 02-16-2005, 03:20 PM
toypuller
Senior User
I was required by my states law to give Ford a final repair attempt prior to seeking arbitration (DSB). Instead of a repair attempt Ford opted to have the FSE test drive it.

I dropped off the truck for the FSE to test drive and when I did I had a list in writing of the problems I was having. I gave one copy of the list to the service manager so the service ticket would be written up as I wanted. I also forwarded a copy to the FSE through the manager as the FSE "did not deal with customers" and would not even talk to me. Keep in mind these were problems already identified by the service manager, asst service manager and the lead tech. The truck had 2 rear end replacements, 4 driveshafts, 14 different tires, 3 pcm reprograms, and a vibration dampner kit,

After I went to pick up the truck I got the service ticket, for all 8 items listed the remark on every line was "No abnormal condition or deformity noted" I was then told that Ford would no longer authorize any repairs on the conditions noted.

That was the straw that broke the camel's back (that and the SOB spilled coffee in my truck) There was a total of 12 miles driven at the dealership that day which was less than even the TSB called for. I decided right then and there that I didn't care how long it took or how hard it was, I was going to force Ford to give me 100% back on everything.-Mission accomplished!

2 weeks after that visit I got my DSB case #. A couple of days after that the dealership contacted me because there was a team from Dearborn that was touring dealerships to study the vibration problems that were occuring in some F-150s. They wanted my truck for 2 days so some other engineers could study what they called "the worst example" of the problem. The asst service manager, who is a hell of a nice guy was not lost to the irony of one engineer saying it was normal and then a team wanting to see the worst one. I politely declined.

If you go through some of the previous posts on this subject you will see that almost every person who has dealt with the FSE got the same answer.

Ford did not provide any rebuttal at my hearing. Their entire responce was in writing prior to the hearing and I was allowed to counter any incorrect points. Part of my counter was some of the items I listed above. My hearing was a breeze and I didn't even need to do the prepared statement I had ready. I was awarded a full refund or replacement with no milage or usage charges.