Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Utah Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Utah Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-21-2005, 12:06 PM
Postmaster

CobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to behold
Autorama coming...

http://www.autorama.com/casi/saltlake.htm

I'm going Saturday - 1:00 to 3:00... gotta go see Courtney...

Anyone else like to meet up and go sometime?

When you can't buy what you want, build what you want.
Old 01-22-2005, 07:19 PM
Freshman User

ken woodward is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yep, I'll be there as well. I was planning on having the L entered, but I just didn't have enough time to get her done. Watch out for next year though. KEN
Old 01-22-2005, 07:30 PM
Postmaster

CobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to behold
Hey Ken! Good to see you over here. Have you gotten the L put back together yet? I still have all those pics if you ever want them...

The Explorer will be back sometime at the end of March/early April. I ended up leaving it in Georgia over the winter instead of bringing it back in the middle of it.

Old 01-23-2005, 06:40 PM
Elder User

mjwhip2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Looks like I'll be going as well. Saturday will probably be the best day for me. Hey Dave, why don't you come pick me up so I don't have to use my gas. Just kidding. Give me a call when you're heading down, maybe I'll meet you down there.
Mike
Old 01-28-2005, 05:08 PM
Postmaster

Mike and Ken -

Any times you have picked out to go? I have plans in the morning from about 8:30 to 10:00, but I'll be free after that. I've got to check the wife's watch, but I don't think anything is going on...

Anyone else going?

Old 01-29-2005, 12:39 AM
Elder User

I'll probably head down somewhere around noon. What about you?
Mike
Old 01-29-2005, 12:43 AM
Postmaster

Hoping to be there about the same time. Today was Anne's birthday, so I've got to be nice and make sure she still wants to go. I was out of town this week and will be gone next week also, so this is our 'quality time' to be together... Gotta play by her rules some...

Old 01-29-2005, 12:56 PM
Postmaster

I just talked to Mike (mjwhip), and we are going to meet up around 12:00 to 12:30 at the Autorama.

We would like to invite anyone that wants to come, please join us! We will meet at the ticket counter at 12:30. My wife is coming, so feel free to make this a family get together!

Old 01-30-2005, 10:34 PM
Senior User

rainbowATF is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sorry to impose on your forum but saw the title and first thread. Autorama was just here in Cleveland, Ohio. Granted the weather stunk. Courtney Hansen and Stacy David were scheduled to be there on last day from 1 to 4:30pm. Forget it; they both skipped out. Autographs were posted at $5 by the way. Regards and just go for the cars.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:20 PM
Freshman User

That's all I go for anyway. (the cars and trucks). The show was ok. I was a little dissapointed at the truck quality there. I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that they had it to early this year. I eas about a month short of having the L ready. It'll be ready for the Concours this year though. Just my thoughts, KEN
Old 02-01-2005, 12:04 PM
Posting Guru

wick246 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I went to the show - very impressed with 4 or 5 of the cars there. The orangish '55 Nomad was just incredible. The blue convertable up front that sat right on the ground was really cool too. The super detailed trailer queens were great to look at though oddly I found myself not wanting to own them - too much work and heartache. I had the best part of those cars by getting the initial rush of seeing them for the grand sum of $11.00 - then I being able to leave without putting them away or cleaning them. Lots of cool Mustangs and muscle cars. Overall it was a good time though I really think beer should be $2.00 instead of $5.00.

2004 F-150 4x4 5.4L FX4 Supercab
1979 Bronco 4x4 400 C6 4.56's 35" tires
1979 F-250 4x4 400 NP435 4.56's 35" tires E locker
1979 F-150 4x4 400 C6 Supercab patiently waiting
Old 02-01-2005, 06:44 PM
Freshman User

I did that $5.00 beer thing at that last Concours their That I had the L in. It's rediculous. Your right about the powder Blue Convertable Caddy that was there. Beautiful car. Did you see the Black 36' Ford 2 door convertable there? That was painted by Phil Bonomo, the same guy that painted my L. He does beautiful work. KEN
Old 02-02-2005, 04:18 PM
Elder User

I don't think I made it 15 minutes at the show before upsetting someone. David (Cobraxp) and I were looking at a '37 Ford, and I, being the astute observer I am, made a comment along the lines of "nice car but, he ruined it by putting a vette motor in it." Unbeknownst to me the owner of the car was standing right behind me. "What would you suggest I put in it." Oh, crap.
Anyway, it was a pretty good show all in all. I agree with you guys about the $5 beers. Couldn't bring myself to do it, so Dave and I went to Hooters after the show and had a couple.
Mike
Old 02-02-2005, 04:59 PM
Posting Guru

wick246 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
"What would you suggest I put in it."

Ha! Ain't that the way it goes!

"A supercharged flat head?"

2004 F-150 4x4 5.4L FX4 Supercab
1979 Bronco 4x4 400 C6 4.56's 35" tires
1979 F-250 4x4 400 NP435 4.56's 35" tires E locker
1979 F-150 4x4 400 C6 Supercab patiently waiting
Old 02-02-2005, 04:59 PM