New Hampshire Chapter Join Chapter Leader: 7283-F250

Summer get together!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 07:21 PM
dynamic
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
lets see... pick a state park... they all have bbq pits and such.. usually a wooded area great for the trucks.. atmosphere and such... State parts also give permits to use certain areas, most parks have covered picknick table areas should the weather go bad...

This sound like the best bet... as far as im concerned!! Any one else?

Old 03-27-2005, 07:27 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well if that what every one wants to do. I'll check on the parks this week.

Old 03-27-2005, 07:53 PM
PSDs Rock
New User
Can I bring my truck? Sure, I will help!

Old 03-27-2005, 08:00 PM
PSDs Rock
New User
Is this the first get together for the New England Chapter? ..... being new I thought I would ask

Old 03-28-2005, 12:35 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by PSDs Rock
Can I bring my truck? Sure, I will help!
We want you to bring your truck. Yes we're have a truck show as well.

Old 03-28-2005, 12:39 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by PSDs Rock
Is this the first get together for the New England Chapter? ..... being new I thought I would ask
We had one last year. And we had a blast even though it rained.

Old 03-29-2005, 11:17 AM
Ssqtch
Senior User
Hey, I'll go again. Even in the pouring rain and standing next to the mountains of burnt rubber we had a good time and a decent showing of people. btw, have they rebuilt from the fire?

We also had Dave from www.DieselManor.com there with his portable shop selling enhancements, that was good to have.

Old 04-03-2005, 08:13 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by Ssqtch
Hey, I'll go again. Even in the pouring rain and standing next to the mountains of burnt rubber we had a good time and a decent showing of people. btw, have they rebuilt from the fire?

We also had Dave from www.DieselManor.com there with his portable shop selling enhancements, that was good to have.
Hey the burnt rubber smell is gone now.

I hope Dave and more people come this year to sell there stuff.

Old 04-05-2005, 07:27 PM
j.e.lacroix
Junior User
now let me get this right you want me to wash your/other trucks[cars ] in a bikini wow you talk about a crowd for all the wrong reasons I'll stop by penneys sat. to see if they still have that hawaiian luau bikini that was in the window ummmh size 52 w can't wait IF YOU CAN GET A FORD DEALER to spend a dime on other than selling a vehicle GOOD LUCK maybe they willthrow in some ballons with their name on itbut you will have to supply the hot air ? for all would the fair grounds allow you to raise money on that day or are the proceeds of the fair go to all their funds food for thought maybe the "g" fair has a set of guidelines that they follow steve do you bat clean-up on the big road for all the gotta get there's fast I work for a co. that supplies to garages etc. in brat john working in brat living close by in hell

Old 04-05-2005, 09:46 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by j.e.lacroix
now let me get this right you want me to wash your/other trucks[cars ] in a bikini wow you talk about a crowd for all the wrong reasons I'll stop by penneys sat. to see if they still have that hawaiian luau bikini that was in the window ummmh size 52 w can't wait IF YOU CAN GET A FORD DEALER to spend a dime on other than selling a vehicle GOOD LUCK maybe they willthrow in some ballons with their name on itbut you will have to supply the hot air ? for all would the fair grounds allow you to raise money on that day or are the proceeds of the fair go to all their funds food for thought maybe the "g" fair has a set of guidelines that they follow steve do you bat clean-up on the big road for all the gotta get there's fast I work for a co. that supplies to garages etc. in brat john working in brat living close by in hell

I think I can get Sweeny Ford to bite on that one.

Old 04-12-2005, 04:36 PM
jfalkingham
Junior User
Thumbs up NE meet up - ideas & willing to volunteer :-)

Ok, thinking cap on

If we are thinking July, why not try to work something out with various ford racing teams to see if we can land someone to do a dealer sponsored meet/greet? They'll be up here for the race in Louden (Nextel cup and busch series anyway) and always look for opportunities to help out charity, what charity? well....

If we really want exposure, let's have a meet up with a cause. It will be fun to do the typical car meet stuff, but what about some $$ being collected and a portion going to charity? Raffles, etc. I'm sure this might make it easier for Ford (not to mention a local dealer) to be involved, helping our meet while also giving back to the communities that we live in. It would be cool to have a "truck-in" movie shown at night for folks staying over, they did something like this down in Homestead speedway in Miami for the November race, they had a big screen and projector and showed american graffiti and days of thunder with everyone sitting in their fords.

Ok, enough coming out of this brain right now... anyone see any sense in this?!

Old 04-13-2005, 03:19 PM
7283-F250
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tell me if I'm out of line here but does it seem we are trying to go too big too soon.

I mean I'm all up for a BBQ and meet somewhere. If its more, than great. We are all scatter about New England and don't seem to have enough members or presence in one area for people to easily work together to get a big thing going.

If I didn't live in a condo that only allowed me 2 parking spaces for extra space besides the 700sq. ft I have inside I would say come on over for a BBQ and just hang out. Heck, I remember when I started in another car group and we met under a bridge at the mall for a couple hours. We would all go and take over a restaurant than go back to the bridge after. People would come and go throughout the specified time, not that there was a stop time set. If the cops came by we would explain the situation and as long as we were cool with them they would not mind. Those days have past but made for a fun cheap time.

Old 04-13-2005, 06:11 PM
dynamic
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I agree, It seems that were trying to get a huge event going , a simple get together with a bbq is where we should start, Like I said before you can reserve bbq area's at most of your state parks. And their is ample parking .

Old 04-15-2005, 09:20 AM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by jfalkingham
Ok, thinking cap on

If we are thinking July, why not try to work something out with various ford racing teams to see if we can land someone to do a dealer sponsored meet/greet? They'll be up here for the race in Louden (Nextel cup and busch series anyway) and always look for opportunities to help out charity, what charity? well....

If we really want exposure, let's have a meet up with a cause. It will be fun to do the typical car meet stuff, but what about some $$ being collected and a portion going to charity? Raffles, etc. I'm sure this might make it easier for Ford (not to mention a local dealer) to be involved, helping our meet while also giving back to the communities that we live in. It would be cool to have a "truck-in" movie shown at night for folks staying over, they did something like this down in Homestead speedway in Miami for the November race, they had a big screen and projector and showed american graffiti and days of thunder with everyone sitting in their fords.

Ok, enough coming out of this brain right now... anyone see any sense in this?!

Okay please research that.

Old 04-15-2005, 09:22 AM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by 7283-F250
Tell me if I'm out of line here but does it seem we are trying to go too big too soon.

I mean I'm all up for a BBQ and meet somewhere. If its more, than great. We are all scatter about New England and don't seem to have enough members or presence in one area for people to easily work together to get a big thing going.

If I didn't live in a condo that only allowed me 2 parking spaces for extra space besides the 700sq. ft I have inside I would say come on over for a BBQ and just hang out. Heck, I remember when I started in another car group and we met under a bridge at the mall for a couple hours. We would all go and take over a restaurant than go back to the bridge after. People would come and go throughout the specified time, not that there was a stop time set. If the cops came by we would explain the situation and as long as we were cool with them they would not mind. Those days have past but made for a fun cheap time.

I just bought a computer shop in Keene NH right next to the Ford Dealer. And there is a big parking lot next door and I think we might be able to have for that day.

Quick Reply: Summer get together!!!