2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rattle box

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 04:44 PM
jest0
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool rattle box

i was wondering if anyone can relate to the same problems i have with my new 2004 F-150, first allow me to tell you what my experinces have been.

My first problem about 1,000 miles into the life of the truck I was driving down a real bumpy rough road and the drivers side door created a rattle from inside like the window track or something, brought it back to the dealer and they replaced the window regulator. It was good for about 2 weeks until we got a snow storm and the rough terrain now has caused both drivers and passenger side to rattle but not all the time only when traveling at about 45-70mphs and when you hit a pothole or a hard bump. I am figuring that it must be a defect now that bith drivers and passenger side is making the same noise.

Also when hitting a bump traveling about 40 mphs there is a crunch from the back cab passenger side. I have hit everything around there moderatly hard to try and see if I could duplicate it and when I did so The back window which is a full glass gave a crunch and stopped for a day or two but now is back...

All suggestions would be great thanks....... First FORD and unfortunalty LAST.. =o(

Old 12-28-2004, 04:54 PM
mjbesen310
Senior User
ohhh I wouldn't give up on ford just seom a few rattles. I'm taking my truck in tomorrow acually fro ma passenger side rattle over bumps and pot holes....I don't know what it is, but something inside the door panel. I have had numerous rattles that have started up in my cab, but I was able to pin point them and fix it. Ford does have the best truck out of any truck on the road, and I wouldn't give up on them just from a few rattles...have ford try and fix it again and see what happends. Goodluck!

Old 12-28-2004, 06:31 PM
MJEmerson
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
jest0....you descibed a crunch in the back of cab....not sure what a crucnch is but on the super crew your jack is back there have you checked to see if that is secure.

i got the rattles in the doors also... but it all sounds like normal vehicle noises to me.

Old 12-28-2004, 06:44 PM
MJEmerson
Senior User
btw jesto...sounds like you have had pretty good luck so far with that ford...most of the big truck makers all have the same knowledge and technology by now...and no one makes a perfect truck, if they did they would go broke cause you could buy one for life. different brands have different problems thats all. I still think ford makes the least troublesome truck out there...and it outperforms most other brands.

the best testimony i have for ford is that i used to run a bucket loader at a stone yard and i have loaded every type of truck you can imagine....fords always handled the load better, and had a better suspension. I noticed that dodges never looked like they were sagging under load...but turned out their frame stops were lower so they sat on the axle. but the main thing i noticed was i never saw an OLD dodge or chevy come in, i made the deduction that they couldnt handle the abuse of the stone masons.

Old 12-28-2004, 09:15 PM
jest0
New User
I guess what you say is true i am just very upset at this point. I plan on taking it to another dealership because the one that I bought it from has gave me very bad service and didnt fix my truck. I am hoping that it was just the dealerships fault.

I plan on trading in in two years and getting the Nissan Titan.

Thanks for the replies though.......

Old 12-29-2004, 01:25 AM
kamikaze2b
Senior User
I plan on trading in in two years and getting the Nissan Titan.
LMAO!! Spend 15 quality minutes reading about the Titan.

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=88

Old 12-29-2004, 01:54 AM
blitzen25bm
Elder User
Originally Posted by kamikaze2b
LMAO!! Spend 15 quality minutes reading about the Titan.

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=88
wow they have a low tire warning? thats pretty cool!

Old 12-29-2004, 11:24 AM
MJEmerson
Senior User
so let me get this straight Jest0....you got a couple rattles and your ready to go nissan...good luck. I got a ride in an M1 Abrams tank last year and it had rattles too. its almost impossible to make a perfect vehicle and make it affordable. id rather walk down the road carrying a ford hubcap than drive a nissan truck down the road. good luck though.

Old 12-30-2004, 10:46 AM
boj311
New User
Hi everyone, this is my first post. I just want to throw my comments out there. I agree with "MJ"...you need to take pride in your truck. I'm proud to drive a Ford, I just bought a 04 FX4 SC and I couldn't be happier. To me, Toyota and Nissan trucks aren't even in the same class as the Ford. All they're good for is churning out Fast n' Furious mobiles, because Lord knows we need more of those. I'll take an old, rusty Ford over a new "import" any day.