ghop

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 11:30 PM
the1farm
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ghop

Fellas:

this is my first time to actually ever post evn though i have learned many past resolutions from your site. however i have stumbled upon something i cannot even resolve.

i have a 99 150 4X4 w/ 5.4. three weeks ago i got the error msg for no. 8 coil out. replaced it. 3 days later i started getting no 8 misfire msg. it was missing fairly bad but only when under load. seemed to get progressively worse as under more load. after accessing the codes and resetting the computer i have never recieved that msg again.

i then proceeded to check all fuses and relays to both fuse boxes that anything to do with fuel or power control module. i removed completely the battery terminal harness and inspected for any corrosion in or out the cables (no bubbling inside the insulation) i checked the fuel bar for fuel pressure and was within specs. throughout RPM range. i checked the vacuum hoses visually throughout for any cracks. the vacuum hoses between the EGR valve the EGR vacuum regulator and the inlet off the back of the air intake/plenum were checked to make sure they were not blocked. they were all checked with vacuum. i checked the ohms and voltage readings on the vacuum regulator. i checked the voltage to the front of the DPFE sensor and then backtested it cold and hot. i had trouble with the readings so i replaced it. i also then replace the vacuum regulator. i also ckecked the camshaft sensor for magnetisim and MAFfor resistance reading.

when i replaced the two components the missing seemed to be much less until i really got on it, and suddenly the tach went from 1800 to 4000 and then back down as quick. engine dd not rev. and the miss got worse.

not sure the two components helped now. i am staaaaaaaaarting to think intake manifod leak to i tightened down the bolts to no avail. i am stuck, can i get any help from you knowledgeable fellas?

Last edited by the1farm; 12-20-2004 at 11:33 PM.
Old 12-21-2004, 06:33 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
WELCOME to the site, please read the Guidelines… Gald to see you start posting...Check out the list of forums and make sure you read the headings and Read First: notices in each forum. As you already know the members in this forum are very knowledgeable about these trucks, they will be by..... and help you with your question
Enjoy FTE and all it offers.