Notices

Stereo + interface

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2004, 12:08 PM
Duke4Ever
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stereo + interface

Hello guys, I'm new to ford-trucks.com so I hope I don't come off as to ignorant. In anycase, I have a Mercury Mountaineer 2004, it comes with the standard 6-disc CD changer, However I'm looking to replace it with a Pioneer AVIC-N1. I did find a possible interface for the steering wheel controls, it is however from Europe and the company advised me to find out if the Euro spec stereo is the same as the US spec stereo (they said take a picture of the rear of the strereo). I was wondering If any of you guys know about the euro spec and the us spec, also did the stereo rear really change from 2002 to 2004? in that case the 2004 stereo and the 2002 would look the same in the back except the front where the 2002 I've noticed has the 4 holes for the key and this 2004 does not (I beleive you need a different tool that slides to the side and you slide the entire thing out). Thanks all!

Old 12-18-2004, 03:04 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
WELCOME to the site, please read the Guidelines… Check out the list of forums and make sure you read the headings and Read First: notices in each forum.
Enjoy FTE