1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

That annoying door chime is finally quiet!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 04:26 PM
AustinS
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cookie88
It does not work on the earlier ones (2001's included ) however, we can simply push the release button on the seat belt latch and it shuts it off for that drive cycle......or unplug it.
It works on my '01 with build date 4/11/01. But, I'd trade that feature and the PM rods in mine in a heartbeat for an earlier forged rod one!

Austin

Old 04-04-2005, 08:04 PM
Saguaro_7.3
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mech2161
Kwik will your remote door locks work now with the key in or running since it doesn't detect it. Wish I could lock mine with the remote and leave it run in the morning. You know the first stop is only 2 blocks away. Need my cafine fix MTNDEW.
I tried that on a trip. I was sure the remote would work with the truck running, didn't give it a second thought. My daughter and I ran in to get something to go and when I came out, reality hit - oops. 2 hours with the truck running until I finally got a local sheriff to open it up. It was scary how easily he got into my truck.

Old 09-02-2005, 08:34 AM
sgthawkusmc
Posting Guru
Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by johnny8
and the "cool down" feature is a turbo saver if what everyone tells me is true...
They actually call it a "turbo saver" on my alarm system.

Old 09-02-2005, 08:59 AM
RAMPAGE_F350
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys, what do you do if your door chime and seat belt chime works intermittantly? By the way I've done the Wd-40 thing on the door switches and all my seat belt connections are good and clean.

Old 09-02-2005, 09:40 AM
eckart
Elder User
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
"Right on! Did you remove that annoying trigger for releasing the key too."

They are only on standards, I don't think automatics have them.

You shouldn't have to pull the plastic on a superduty to get to the poke hole for the ignition,there is a hole in the plastic for it. Just make sure your in the run position. If yours doesn't want to come out. press on the retainer while turning the ignition to the run position and you'll feal it go in.

Old 09-02-2005, 09:58 AM
BillC
Elder User

Three pages and 9 months on the door chime, now that the important things are taken care of, try using the same amount of time and effort to get the gov't to listen to us.

Old 09-02-2005, 02:34 PM
pmasley
Lead Driver
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Good Comment BillC, but it will never happen (gov't listening).

Old 09-02-2005, 02:50 PM
BillC
Elder User

I know, just had to say it though.

Old 09-02-2005, 04:41 PM
johnny8
Postmaster
please, don't get me started again...! i've been telling everyone i hear complaining about gas prices WHY the prices are so high... most people have NO IDEA what i am talking about when i explain how the EPA has screwed us... why are people so f'in STUPID...?

Old 09-02-2005, 06:00 PM
BillC
Elder User

why are people so f'in STUPID...?

Boy, the other day I got jumped on for saying something that wasn't even close to this! Selective censorship? I wasn't even talking about gas prices!

Old 09-02-2005, 07:05 PM
LONEPINERON
Senior User
Mr Kwick you are the MAN.(Once Again) Not only worked on the '99 SD but on the "05 Ranger and to an extent on the "97 Crown Victoria (Don't chime with door open except when in acc.) Those D*** chimes were driving me CRAZY in fact on my work truck I ended up cutting the door switch to get rid of them so I could hear my work radio. Guess I'll have to fix that and do this mod.

Eckart, yes you can get the ignition switch out without taking the cowling off but you cant slide the connector out of the hole.But thanks for another option.
Hope all have a great weekend even with the high Diesel\Gas prices.
LPR

Old 09-02-2005, 09:01 PM
johnny8
Postmaster
Originally Posted by BillC
why are people so f'in STUPID...?

Boy, the other day I got jumped on for saying something that wasn't even close to this! Selective censorship? I wasn't even talking about gas prices!
i've been jumped on so many times i think people have just given up on me... LOL..! but i'd be happy to read whatever you might want to type... i know this is a ford truck site.. but there are a lot of topics that are related to all of us here and our trucks and our lives with what has happened and how the fuel prices have gotten crazy... it makes me feel better when i can sit down at the end of the day and read about what's happening with you guys and type some of the things i'm dealing with... i guess you could call this "group therapy"... LOL..! if the threads on this site seem to be hijacked more often than usuall, it is understandable... and i appologize for being one of the people most responsible for that...

Old 09-03-2005, 11:58 AM
barebackjake
Postmaster
hey anybody got the wiring diagram for the OBS door chime why do they have 7 wires going into that stupid thing.??? im wondering if i can set it up so i dont get the door chime with keys in but still get the light chime.....or i may have to put a photocell and a relay and make my headlights auto on when it gets dark....

Old 09-03-2005, 12:48 PM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 792 Likes on 604 Posts
Originally Posted by barebackjake
hey anybody got the wiring diagram for the OBS door chime why do they have 7 wires going into that stupid thing.??? im wondering if i can set it up so i dont get the door chime with keys in but still get the light chime.....or i may have to put a photocell and a relay and make my headlights auto on when it gets dark....
I did that on my '95. I forget which wire is for what, but I removed one at a time until I like the result. I think I ended up with it would chime only if the key was in the ignition. If I left the lights on it was quiet. Handy for backing the trailer at night.

Old 09-03-2005, 03:28 PM
barebackjake
Postmaster
i was expecting to see voltage on the pins only got it on one no matter what i did so i take it the switches that make the chime come on ground out..i was thinkin of just putting the chime ground on a switch so when i have my door open and dont want the chime i can just switch it off. with no chime i wonder how many times im gonna leave my lights on or lock my keys in my truck. although my ball of keys it might be kinda hard to forget thoose getting out of the truck.

Quick Reply: That annoying door chime is finally quiet!