Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

It's a TITAN

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 04:13 PM
68 351 bronc
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Titan-tx has a toatal of 4 posts. Gee, I wonder why he subscribed to FTE?

Datsun owners try this:
Drive the thing down to NAPA and tell them you need air, engine and auto transmisson filters and and intank fuel pump. Then get back on here and post the results.

Old 10-29-2004, 04:51 PM
Armada
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hawk
I'm sure the people and Emperor of Japan would thank you for your support!
Actually it is a publicly traded company. Listed as NSANY on the NASDAQ exchange. Many thousands, if not millions of Americans own stock in that company, some through their employer's 401K's mutual funds. Many purposefully. It's stock is up over 140% in the last three years. No other auto company is even close. None. The profits of a corporation go to its shareholders, not the people or leader of any country. Those shareholders include a lot of Americans. I'm one, although I own more Ford and (gasp) GM stock than that of Nissan. The American steel and aluminum in those vehicles are produced by American workers. The Dana corporation axles, bearings and differentials are all American, etc.

Nissan's board and officers are multinational representing its global interests.

We have Fords for the American market being outsourced both for parts and assembly outside our American borders and this has been going on long before anyone thought of NAFTA. I don't like this any more than the next guy, but this is the reality of things. For all those Canadian assembly line workers Ford has had for years at the expense of American workers, I'll proudly stand by the thousands of new American jobs created in the Canton, Mississippi plant and the Tennessee engine plant.

That's not to knock Ford. It's to point out the reality of the world we are in and that the people and emperor of Japan are not, in my humble opinion, the issue here. We have to maintain our competitive edge and not rest on past accomplishments, as grand as they have been.

Old 10-29-2004, 05:07 PM
BroncoBoy347
Junior User
Whats the point of you Titan owners coming on a Ford truck site and telling us how much better your truck is than ours? Where I live you probably couldn't give your Nissan away

Old 10-29-2004, 05:59 PM
abmobil
Senior User
Broncoboy, most of the titan owners come here because the probably have a general liking of cars. I dont own a titan or F150 but i just come here just to keep up on the latest things in the automotive world, but of course titan owners are going to tell you the positives of there trucks when people say things like the f150 is much stronger or somthing along those lines. While the f150 is a good truck it is kinda dissapointing in the performance department towing or not.

Old 10-29-2004, 07:08 PM
Titan_TX
Senior User
Originally Posted by 68 351 bronc

Datsun owners try this:
Drive the thing down to NAPA and tell them you need air, engine and auto transmisson filters and and intank fuel pump. Then get back on here and post the results.
Actually, I been reading this site for over 30 days because I was more interested in the F-150 over all the trucks. Till I thought of the Titan and drove it after 4 f-150 test drives, 1 titan drive, I fell in love.

The Ford dealers were screwing me in interest rates anyways.

Old 10-29-2004, 09:28 PM
DonsFx4
Elder User
I ran my virus scan 5 times and these Titan posers keep coming back!

FWIW, everybody man is proud of his truck. This Ford -v- nissan is an endless loop, you can't convince me your titans are better, and I won't bother convincing you my Ford's better.

But it's always good to have competition to raise the bar, so let's enjoy what we got and see what comes down the road in the next couple of years.

Old 10-29-2004, 10:35 PM
Armada
Senior User
I think that the title of this part of the forum is "Ford v. the Competition" isn't it? Remember I own a Nissan and a Ford (actually, I haven't said much about it, but I also have a Dodge Cummins dualee too), so I think I can bring some balance and try to be objective. My point has consistently been that I wanted to buy another Expedition (I had two Ford trucks at that time) but the 5.4 engine, even with the 3 valve heads, would not get the job done for what I needed. I started posting to try to get the attention of Ford and other owners here that we and Ford need to crank it up a notch with a better flowing head design and a 5 speed auto transmission geared properly, to pull out front. 96% of the pickup sales nation wide are 1/2 ton trucks, and the overwhelming majority of them are used as subsitutes for passenger cars that only occasionally carry something close to a full load in the bed or pull a serious trailer. So my presence here is because I love Fords, want them to get better and could not buy one this year that would meet my needs. I though that might be a pretty good reason to start posting. You might want to check my other posts. I'm not trolling. No one is going to pry my hands off the steering wheel of my PSD SuperDuty any time soon, but I do recognize what looks like a clearly superior engine and transmission when I encounter one.

Last edited by Armada; 10-29-2004 at 10:38 PM.
Old 10-30-2004, 12:30 AM
Brons2
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
In the thread Brand Loyalty, I openly admitted this. I could buy an OEM oil filter at Walmart for my 2000 Supercab F150 for $2.87, but can't do this trick with a Nissan, that's for sure.

Maintenance costs are higher on foreign makes. Whether the superior reliability makes up for this is up to interpretation. My F150 was very reliable, and parts were very cheap. It remains to be seen as to whether my Titan can even come close to matching on maintenance costs. I did buy Wix filters for my Ford over the last half of it's life so I wonder given that fact if the Nissan filters will be any more expensive or not.

Intank fuel pump isn't going to be cheap either way.

Old 10-30-2004, 07:52 AM
Virus
New User

Datsun owners try this:
Let's talk honestly about this. Most people don't go down to the local NAPA store and try to pickup these parts. Most people that do, generally don't want an aftermarket fuel pump and would rather have a Ford or Nissan fuel pump. Finding an air filter or oil filter isn't a problem at all and the transmission doesn't require a filter. By the time my 3/36,000 warranty is up, I'm positive that these parts will be available at most auto parts stores. They are for the Nissan Frontier.

I haven't read any posts with people taughting the Titan is the best truck on earth. Almost all Titan owners come here for the simple fact that most of us wanted the F150 at some time or another, test drove each and made a decision.

Titan uses almost 70% US made parts and it's made in the US by US workers. That's every Titan made. Ford can't make that claim. I don't have the Ford percentages, but my guess is it's more foreign than the Titan is.

I absolutely love the F150.

Old 10-30-2004, 09:12 AM
abmobil
Senior User
Nissan also backs it up longer with a better powertrain warranty, 5/60000 verses 3/36000 for the Fords.

Old 10-30-2004, 09:17 AM
moose94
Posting Guru
You guys are hilarious. I would have that new nissan over an f150 any day, but I can't afford it. Anyone who knocks that truck is out of their mind. It's such a deadly truck. With a great motor with loads of USUABLE power. I mean ford is good but when they say 300hp it doesn't feel like 300hp. Titan's have plenty of torque with a great crawl ratio. Plus with the electric locker and 33" tires and adequate ground clearance, it makes these trucks almost perfect for a job site or even a vehicle for towing your boat or going camping. I know this is a ford website but some people can't get over the fact that there are other manufacturers that make just better vehicles than ford. I like my f150 and wouldn't buy a 1994 nissan p/u, but nissan's come a long way. Hey look at the VW Touareg. Heck its a VW and is nice! Nissan has made something good here fellas.

Old 10-30-2004, 10:05 AM
PowerStroke King
Senior User
Well ... how many serious Ford truck owners own an F-150? A Ford truck buyer purchases a super-duty. The F-150 reflects a design history that started as cheap/simple farm trucks (general light duty) ... which transitioned into urban/street life. People want a car-like vehicle with a pick up bed. I.e. the Chevy El Camino pickup of today. That's all the F-150 is. That's all the Titan is.

That they have managed to come by 300HP motors is a side-topic unrelated to their use. Engine efficiencies have increased, mainly related to fuel-savings market demand. But instead of making increasingly smaller engines with the same horspower ... fuel has been cheap ... and they kept the same size engines and increased the horsepower.

Thus if the F-150 has 300HP and the Titan 305HP, and one is a bit more "peppy" .... who cares? People who buy these don't normally demand all that horspower anyway, unless they are speeding around, breaking the law, and annoying the rest of us ... or if they have the truck down on the farm. Otherwise, they ellicit about 100 to 150 horsepower in normal street driving practice.

Old 10-30-2004, 10:52 AM
Justis01
Junior User
Nissan has made something good here fellas.
Yeah, it might be good, maybe even great, but I have to say it's one UUUGGGGLLY truck. I don't care for Nissan's styling on _any_ of their vehicles.

I used to drive imports for 20 some years and the Ford F-150 SuperCrew won me over. Ford.....ya done good with this truck!

Old 10-30-2004, 11:28 AM
Virus
New User
Originally Posted by Justis01
Yeah, it might be good, maybe even great, but I have to say it's one UUUGGGGLLY truck. I don't care for Nissan's styling on _any_ of their vehicles.

I used to drive imports for 20 some years and the Ford F-150 SuperCrew won me over. Ford.....ya done good with this truck!
Your opinion definately is in the minority. My wife and I get compliments almost daily on the Titan. That being said, I really like the looks of the F150. I actually prefer the look of the F150 slightly more than my Titan. I like the inside of the Titan much better than the F150.

Old 10-30-2004, 11:31 AM
Virus
New User
Talking

Originally Posted by PowerStroke King
Well ... how many serious Ford truck owners own an F-150? A Ford truck buyer purchases a super-duty. The F-150 reflects a design history that started as cheap/simple farm trucks (general light duty) ... which transitioned into urban/street life. People want a car-like vehicle with a pick up bed. I.e. the Chevy El Camino pickup of today. That's all the F-150 is. That's all the Titan is.

That they have managed to come by 300HP motors is a side-topic unrelated to their use. Engine efficiencies have increased, mainly related to fuel-savings market demand. But instead of making increasingly smaller engines with the same horspower ... fuel has been cheap ... and they kept the same size engines and increased the horsepower.

Thus if the F-150 has 300HP and the Titan 305HP, and one is a bit more "peppy" .... who cares? People who buy these don't normally demand all that horspower anyway, unless they are speeding around, breaking the law, and annoying the rest of us ... or if they have the truck down on the farm. Otherwise, they ellicit about 100 to 150 horsepower in normal street driving practice.
Very good observance and I feel for the most part it's spot on. There are some people that run these trucks hard, but I would say 85-90% grocery getters with beds

Quick Reply: It's a TITAN