2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Undercoating Quality

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 03:55 PM
mwh
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Undercoating Quality

I made a trip to the Z-----T shop today to look at some of their undercoating work. There was a new super-cab Dodge truck sitting outside, that had recently been undercoated. Even from several yards, there were visible blobs and runs of undercoating in the wheelwells and all over the underside. Inside the shabby shop there a trailer frame that was sitting out in the open that had the same type workmanship all over. It didn't take me long to know I wasn't going to have my new F-150 done here. As I was leaving the Dodge owner came out also. He said he drove here from the state just south of here previously, to have his truck coated,when he got home and looked it over he found places they missed, in addition to the other ugly places. So he had to make another trip here to have it looked at. He said he paid over $300 for this mess & was pi***d. Morale--just because the shop carries a national franchise name, be sure and check the quality of the wormanship before you give them your truck keys & money!