1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Seals:

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 07:52 PM
ptmmm2
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Seals:

Can anyone tell me where to get all the seals for the rear end spring assembly and front also. Pluse I need the cab weather stripping. All for a 1950 F-2 and F-3.
Also need the origenal metel strips for the bed of the trucks.

Old 08-26-2004, 11:23 AM
mtflat
Lead Driver

Received 332 Likes on 256 Posts
Hi,
There are no seals on the springs - front or rear. Only pieces are pins and bushings and grease zerks in the end of the pins.

Cab weatherstripping is available from several suppliers - look at a couple of recent posts for supplier links. F2 - F6 is the same cab as the F1's so just order for a half ton.

Bed strips in 8' lengths (?) were used up thru the 70's at least. Just order for later pickup.

Old 08-27-2004, 06:49 PM
ptmmm2
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Thanks:

I will keep this in in-box; being a novis at this type of thing I am collecting all the info I can get. I retiered some years back and need something to keep me out of the bars and off the street. I realy appreate the help I have gotten from all of you folks.
Thanks again and will post some pics, when I get around to it so everyone can keep up with the progress we are making.

Originally Posted by mtflat
Hi,
There are no seals on the springs - front or rear. Only pieces are pins and bushings and grease zerks in the end of the pins.

Cab weatherstripping is available from several suppliers - look at a couple of recent posts for supplier links. F2 - F6 is the same cab as the F1's so just order for a half ton.

Bed strips in 8' lengths (?) were used up thru the 70's at least. Just order for later pickup.