1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Frustration X 3

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 05:25 PM
tlb
Elder User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frustration X 3

I ran into a major problem today with the EZ wire harness. Could not get power to headlights with ignition in the off position. I discovered that the yellow door lock power wire was connected to the headlight power fuse. Once I connected yellow wire to headlight switch everything worked fine, but I wasted two days trying to find problem. I have no idea where the headlight power wire is connected. Probably goes to door locks.

Old 08-18-2004, 07:19 AM
GreatNorthWoods
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tlb
I ran into a major problem today with the EZ wire harness. Could not get power to headlights with ignition in the off position. I discovered that the yellow door lock power wire was connected to the headlight power fuse. Once I connected yellow wire to headlight switch everything worked fine, but I wasted two days trying to find problem. I have no idea where the headlight power wire is connected. Probably goes to door locks.
Terry,

Power to the headlight switch should come from a source that is constantly hot because otherwise you will have no hazard lights, parking lights, or interior lights unless the switch is on. You need to trace this and get it corrected. Also, headlights require at least 20 Amps and you may have it fused to a source less than that...

Vern