Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

motor rebuild concerns

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 12:46 AM
badass truck
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
motor rebuild concerns

i have a 94 f150 5.0, 2 wheel drive truck, its really unique color scheme factory. i don't see to many kind of a sand in the middle with top and bottom being a mix between brown and red almost idk, but anyways. it is in awesome physical condition, but has 129,000 on the motor. i want it to be kinda quick. there are alot of mustangs and camaros in my town that all think there badass. needless to say i wanna smoke a few of them. if i went and pulled my motor and rebuilt it with some good forged pistons and bored it out and all those goodies that would go in it to, plus put a supercharger on it. how would my onboard computer react to all of this. i mean my worry is that i will do this but then be screwed because my computer is messing it up by like not allowing enough fuel or somthing. what problems do you guys think i'll run into and how to solve them if possible. thanks alot, i'm just finishing up my frame off restoration on my 79 f250 4x4. so i'll be able to drive that cause this i'm sure will take awhile. and plus going to the local community college on top of that. so yea it'll take awhile.

thanks alot, ahead of time.

Old 08-11-2004, 01:59 AM
wojo1989
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some things that your going to want to think about are the differences between a standard truck motor and a performance motor.

This includes:
  • Cams
  • Heads
  • Intakes
Also the Camaro and Stangs that your thinking about going up against also may have better gears and almost always will have better transmissions for racing.

So your going to want to select a good cam for a blower application as well as a set of ported set of heads at the least.

Go ahead and consider upgrading your gears as well to help move your heavier truck. Keeping in mind your building a motor to haul butt and not haul heavy loads will keep you going in the right direction.

Steve