Laps for Charity - whoo Hoo !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 01:08 PM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Laps for Charity - whoo Hoo !!!!

FANS' LAST CHANCE TO DRIVE AROUND TEXAS MOTOR SPEEDWAY AUG. 14:

FORT WORTH-DALLAS (July 14, 2004) - The last opportunity in 2004 for race fans to drive their personal vehicles around Texas Motor Speedway will be Saturday night, August 14, as Speedway Children's Charities stages its Laps for Charity from 6 - 10 p.m.
Laps for Charity allows fans to drive their personal vehicles for three laps around "The Great American Speedway" under controlled conditions. The three-lap session is provided for a $25 contribution to Speedway Children's Charities' Texas chapter. Additional laps may be purchased.

"Every race fan dreams of racing wheel-to-wheel with Dale Earnhardt Jr., Jeff Gordon, Sam Hornish Jr. or Buddy Rice," said speedway president Eddie Gossage. "Laps for Charity is a way for fans to live their dreams under the lights at Texas Motor Speedway and help the children of the Fort Worth-Dallas area."

Participants in Laps for Charity must be 21 years of age or older to drive on the speedway and all passengers must be at least 6 years old. All participants must wear safety belts. Motorcycle riders must wear a helmet.

Cash, checks and credit cards are acceptable forms of payment. Entry to the speedway infield will be through the Gate 8 tunnel between the track's first and second turns.

Speedway Children's Charities was founded by Bruton Smith, CEO of Speedway Motorsports, Inc. in 1984 to help children in the counties surrounding each of the SMI tracks. The charity is a non-profit foundation that distributes funds to qualified children's charities. All funds must be used to directly affect children and their needs. Speedway Children's Charities - Texas Chapter raises much needed funds to support children's charities in Tarrant, Dallas, Denton and Collin counties. In 2003, SCC-Texas granted nearly $430,000 to 153 different children's charities in the area surrounding Texas Motor Speedway. Since 1997, Speedway Children's Charities - Texas has raised over $2.3 million for children's charities.

Old 08-04-2004, 04:50 PM
brokebronco
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wonder how the Bronco would handle the corners?

Chris

Old 08-04-2004, 09:41 PM
Rosati
Postmaster
On two wheels I bet!

Old 08-05-2004, 12:22 PM
brokebronco
Posting Guru
Well, I did want to sand down the right side. I bet then I will understand that Jeep sticker that says "if you can read this, roll me over".Chris

Old 08-05-2004, 07:23 PM
subliminaldanger
Elder User
Shame you have to be 21 to drive in it. Show them dodge boys how fords run.