1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

torsion bar frt end id

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 07:18 PM
learpilot
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
torsion bar frt end id

I have a 56 f100 which had a torsion bar front end installed when I bought it. Can anyone give me any help to id this, volare or something else? what year or does it matter. I need to rebuild some parts and the brakes(disk) and I don't know where to start. Thanks for any input.

Old 07-13-2004, 07:36 PM
ferguson777
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Learpilot,

Email me offline at the_fergusons @ sympatico.ca (just remove the spaces on either side of the @ and you have my address) and give me your home email address. I'll send you some stuff.

In the Volare section of the IFS article you'll find the accurate list of the volare donors. Virtually all of them should use the identical repair parts.

There was a link posted within the past month which refers to a webpage something like " Digbey's Diplomat homepage". It focused on the dodge diplomat which falls into the volare IFS list. That web page has substantial reproductions of pages from the service manual telling you how to fix virtually any aspect of the "Volare IFS". People who know me, know that I love to do research and in all my surfing/research digbey is by far the best site hands down for info related to the repair/refurbishment of the volare IFS. Has lots of exploded illustrations as well.

My spelling of digbey may be wrong but I just found the website (I printed off virtually everything on the site a year or so ago) - its "www.dippy.org "

Anyway, that should help you.

Old 07-14-2004, 07:48 AM
learpilot
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks, an email is on the way