Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: harleymsn

looking for good junk yard

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 10:46 PM
Dads79
More Turbo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looking for good junk yard

I'm looking for a good junk yard with older trucks 70's models. Looking for door and a bed for a 78 Long bed.Any close to Nashville or Franklin, TN. Thanks for your help

Old 06-30-2004, 01:28 AM
200000+F150
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tried Pelham's in Woodbury? Don't know about body parts, but they're very good on major mechanical parts (engines/trannies). Also Smith's in Clarksville has had things that no-one else carried.(including a proper head for my '94 I6, that no-one else had. Downdown Nashville also has Abernathy Truck Salvage, which obviously deals only in trucks. There's also one on HWY 64 in Lawrenceburg, that I can't recall the name of, but they've got mostly older stuff than most yards. Ditto for Waldrons in Laverge. Larry Stewart's on Buchanan Rd. in Lavergne is Reasonable, but recently changed names. Waldrons and Stewarts have the advantage of letting you explore and pull your own parts. (harder, but cheaper). The advantage to Smith's, even though further away from you, is selection and service. I couldn't find an EFI 300 head with the air ports in the head, until a friend told me about them. I called and picked up a head from them the next day, which they had hot-tanked, surfaced and done a valve job on. When I picked it up, they told me they had several 300's complete with relatively low miles for $450 each. Wish I'd just got one of those and built it. Waldrons has a separate lot for trucks, and has several good bodied trucks as well as Abernathy's Truck. Waldrons likely would be cheaper, but you just about have to show up in person. These are likely your best bet other than watching the Trader's Post, as most others only deal in late-models and rotate vehicles often. BTW, I might know where there are two of those trucks, but I'll bet the guy wants too much for them. Need a whole bed? Ford dealer isn't that high on bed sides if you want to do the DIY approach.

Old 06-30-2004, 11:04 PM
Dads79
More Turbo
If you know some one with those parts,ask what he whats for them. I might buy the whole truck

Old 07-01-2004, 09:15 AM
edcav
New User
Junk yard

There is a pretty good one in Clarksville on just off the hiway to Paris inersection. I have found a lot of good parts there cheap.