1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

60 F100 SWAPPING MOTOR & FRONTEND

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 07:19 PM
Missing
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up 60 F100 SWAPPING MOTOR & FRONTEND

First off I am new to old Ford Trucks. Is it bad to swap out the motor and frontend to a New setup? I know with Mopars a person would never do that because it brings the price down to almost nothing (non numbers matching).
Is this true with the old ford trucks? I want to drive this almost every day for work and the safty and eas of the new stuff appels to me but dont want to start chopping up the truck
Thanks.

Old 05-09-2004, 11:20 PM
Sixoh
Elder User
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Missing - I haven't forgotten you. I got your email and will give you a call!

Thanks,
Sixoh

Old 05-10-2004, 01:17 AM
angus
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unless your truck is a low mileage garage-kept mint unrestored original or it was once owned by Elvis, feel free to cut it up.

Old 05-10-2004, 07:01 AM
GreatNorthWoods
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't think updating the truck with a newer drivetrain and suspension to enhance your driving pleasure is "chopping up the truck". Now, if you have top chopping, suicide doors, and a sun roof in mind...that's "chopping up a truck". If you plan to drive the truck daily, you need an updated drivetrain and suspension to be able to drive and stop well in traffic. I think you will find that generally most old trucks "updated" in this manner have more value than original trucks.

Vern