2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 F-150 Problems...

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 04:06 PM
Tburonhntr
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 F-150 Problems...

I was wondering if anyone else has had these problems with their 2004 F-150's. I have noticed that sometimes it just wont start on the first try. It seems as if its not getting any fuel to the engine to start and then will start after a couple of tries. The other problem is that when driving and then coming to a stop it seems that the truck wants to die as if it was running out of gas. And when you take off it hesitates a little as if it isn't getting gas. I think I might have a fuel problem with the tank or the injection or something. I have had a flight recorder in my truck for the past few months so I can record the problems when they happen since they cant duplicate the problem when I put it in service. I also have a problem with the rear bumper rusting underneath the plastic piece that goes on the top of the bumper. It is getting dirt and sand under it and when I step on the bumper it is scratching the paint off and then beginning to rust. They are going to have to sand down and paint the bumper and then I told them to tape off and spray the area where the plastic cover and the bumper meet with spray in bedliner to prevent it from happening again. Let me know if any of you have experienced any of these problems or have heard anything about any of these problems.
I am to the point of maybe selling this truck and buying a 2005 which might have some improvments.

Old 05-05-2004, 04:11 PM
Tburonhntr
Junior User
Problems Problems Problems

Last edited by Tburonhntr; 05-05-2004 at 04:13 PM.
Old 05-05-2004, 09:26 PM
jimmybl
Junior User
This is the first fuel problem I have heard of so far, none with mine, have you tried the simple thing first (fuel filter) they can just go bad even when new, if this problem is intermittent that may be all it is.

Old 05-25-2004, 07:41 PM
ag02
New User
I had the exact same problem with mine. i took it in and they downloaded an updated ECM to the computer. The dying and not starting problem went away, but I lost 2 mpg and not it tends to blow out black smoke after it sits for the day, Basically all they did was make it run rich.