1968-Present E-Series Van/Cutaway/Chassis Econolines. E150, E250, E350, E450 and E550

custom wheels

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 08:18 PM
350wagon
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
custom wheels

Can anyone tell me how wide of wheel and tire I can run on my e350?I also would like to stay with a load range of D, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 04-29-2004, 01:39 PM
ken04
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 350wagon
Can anyone tell me how wide of wheel and tire I can run on my e350?I also would like to stay with a load range of D, any suggestions would be appreciated.
Boy, there's so many variables with that question, your best bet is to find a good tire/wheel dealer and go over it with them. Offset will make a difference, rim size, tire width will make a difference. Even though tires are marked with a size, those sizes vary alot sometimes with each manufacturer. And vans particularly are kind of 'odd ducks', people can roll off quotes as to what size tire and wheel will fit the Ford pick-ups but boy, throw in the word 'van' and they get real quiet and spacey looking. A good tire shop will test fit some combinations of tire and wheel for you to check for rubbing and all those things that are important. Good luck, Ken