2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vibration's=Fords losing customers

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 11:34 PM
fordborn
Post Fiend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whats wrong with the vibration? It's the only thing that gets my wife to ride in the truck.

Old 04-27-2004, 11:42 PM
CruelCrew
Senior User
Cute!

Last edited by CruelCrew; 04-27-2004 at 11:45 PM.
Old 04-28-2004, 12:53 AM
Toreador
Elder User
I think everyone needs to calm down a bit. There's no need for namecalling. Let's try to be civil, please.

Old 04-28-2004, 01:55 AM
Ryan50hrl
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
The next person to post something against the guidlines will be suspended. I've really had enough of dealing with guys that can afford a brand new truck but can't act 4 years old....grow up guys...

Old 04-28-2004, 02:05 AM
fordguy61mi
Senior User
I wish I could test drive one of you guys truck to see what the vibration feels like. I'm just curious.

Old 04-28-2004, 02:12 AM
2004supacrewlariat
Senior User
Originally Posted by King Triton
Well I must be one of those Master Mechanics who is clueless also,cause I cant seem to figure out why anyone would want to come into a forum just to kick the products,insult the sponsors,and the other people on the site.Or to try and come here to get negitive feedback to take back to Ford,another one of our sponsors.
I would'nt say anyone is clueless or toss around names. I do on the other hand have about forty thousand reasons why the problems with my truck should be reasonably adressed, and repaired.

Old 04-28-2004, 06:00 AM
joe martin
Freshman User
Vibration--30%

King Triton
I have no problems with the service rep's at my dealership ,they have been nothing but helpfull thru-out this whole process.I have not and will not blame them in any way, but they have to take their direction from Ford . I would and did recomend the same dealership to a friend (he was not buying an explorer).I've been very courteous to my rep's and them to me.

Its Ford I would not recomend,

I read all these post and hear all the diferent opinions,this is great,but with 32,000 invested I refuse to lay down and die.I will continue to fight to get a fair settlement.I do believe in the saying

"If you dont stand for something ,your liable to fall for anything"

And I think its great that this post stays alive I believe Ford representives are aware of this site and these post,I think they should know we are not just going to GO AWAY

Old 04-28-2004, 06:14 AM
hovy
Senior User
Beach boys said it all some time ago "good good good vibrations"

Old 04-28-2004, 06:21 AM
tthunder
Freshman User
Newto150,
It qualifies as a lemon in Alabama also. I've been very patient and have tried to work with the dealer on this issue. But on the other hand I'm in the same boat as joe martin in the fact that i've got 32k in this truck and now after numerous repairs and time in the shop ford is trying to tell me its a normal characteristic of this truck. And that is just not right. All I want is what i paid for...nothing more nothing LESS.

Fordguy61....Picture this....the entire cab of truck just vibrates. Period. Overhead compartment, mirror, seats, steering wheel, console, floorboard, shifter, instrument panel, glove box, door panels you name it or touch it in that truck and you feel a pretty much constant vibration, shaking, shimmying, hum,whatever you want to call it, the truck vibrates. As I've said before to people who think they may have it....if you >>think<< you have a vibration then you don't have the same issue that I do. If you did you would know it.

Old 04-28-2004, 06:30 AM
newtof150
Senior User
ford is trying to tell me its a normal characteristic of this truck. And that is just not right.
I agree, and commend you on your patience.

My finished repair has been promised this Friday or first of next week (dependant on parts arrival). If the new steering rack and driveshaft don't cure the vibration then it will stay in the shop.

Old 04-28-2004, 06:35 AM
Troll45
Senior User
[QUOTE=CruelCrew]When I went in with my vibration concern, the service department easily varified it. Then they test drove each new F-150 on their lot, and guess what....each one had the same vibration.

Can you imagine what it must've cost Ford to engineer, design, test, manufacture, and issue the TSB for the vibration dampener? Big $bucks$. Clearly evidence that there is a big problem.

The TSB is not just for a vibration dampner,if you have read it carefully. It covers several types of vibrations that are occuring with these vehicles.

Tire shake, Where the tire is out of balance, or out of round, or just plain unusable because of manufacturing proccess. Low speed (not vehicle speed)feeling vibration. Think about the rate that a tire rotates. They have been balancing tires or replacing if neccessary.

Driveshaft lube, driveshaft vibration or rear axle ring gear out of round vibration. High speed vibration (such as rotation of drive shaft). They have been lubing or replacing driveshafts, or entire rear axle assemblies.

Body shake vibration. Temporary shake or wobble in the body when going over bumps or rough roads. They have been installing the Dampners for this concern.

For Ford to have come out with this TSB they know they have several different problems. Most of the posts I have read, no-one has specifically stated which vibration concern they are having. I think there should be some thought put into what type of vib you guys are having so you can get the correct one taken care of. Ive got the body shake but the dampner wouldnt fit because I have an aftermarket hitch installed, But that vib doesent bother me. I also have the axle or driveshaft vib and am in the proccess of trying to repair it now, (I havent had the time even though I am a tech at a Lincoln/Mercury dealer) but I also have the clutch packs chattering on a cold morning turn. I'm gonna set up some time for next week to take care of it. I have the oppurtunity to fix it myself which you guys dont so I feel for ya. I have been a Lincoln/Mercury Tech for 24 years, Yes we get the Ford trucks in also. And these vehicles do have a problem, Just not every customer complains about it, some just live with it and others just dont care because they dont know any better.

Old 04-28-2004, 08:29 AM
clemensd
Junior User
I just want to state that I love my truck, that being said my steering wheel wobbles like crazy at 60 mph. But on top of that it is intermittent so when I take it in the guy looks at me like I am crazy. Well my solution to that is ... dont drive 60, keep it above or below. But now the rear end(which it has been in the shop"normal operation") has been making several thumping, kind of like binding and releasing feeling-noise and that is also intermittent. Sorry to go off topic but I am willing to bet that it will be ok for at least 36 months then well we all know its not fords problem anymore, or was it ever?

Old 04-28-2004, 08:33 AM
clemensd
Junior User
I should add that I have upgraded my tires to 20" rims and the tire size is 305/50-20, Ford didnt say this was a problem, what do you guys think?

Old 04-28-2004, 08:44 AM
fooch
New User
some of this has gotten blown out of proportion by the first post on vibrations along time ago. Now you paranoid first time owners waiting and looking for vibrations and of course they are gonna find them, its a freakin truck, and a stiff one at that. I'm sure there are a few (I'll bet not more than ten on this web site) that have some issue. Just like you hear about on the chevy site, the dodge site, etc. But if you look back, there was a guy posting just to say "hey, I have no vibration, what about everyone else with no probs?" and guess what? There was a whole string of posters that love the truck, and have no vibration issues whatsoever, myself included. I've also read new posters asking "should I be worried, and what should I be looking for". Now, thats rediculous. If you have to ask what the problem feels like, then you are gonna interpret whatever ride you have as suspicious. Once again, read the vibration posts. You will all find its the same ten or so guys posting on every one. Cruelcrew, sound familiar. I feel bad for you guys and really hope things work out, but this is the best truck I've ever owned, and I have a buddy with a chevy that has had about everything in the world go wron and another with a tundra that has been in the shop multiple times. I dont think their trucks suck, they just had a few probs. Anyhow, It just seems to me, and I'm not some ford fanatic (this is my first on) that all this repeating of the same message is just hyping a problem that is much more minor than its made out ot be. I for one beleive Jeff and his 100 tucks without a problem. Well, mines 101. Hope you guys get you "problems" resolved quickly and fairly, otherwise I hope you enjoy the chevy, dodge, toyota, or whatever it is. I'll look for you on their websits complaining as well.

Old 04-28-2004, 09:20 AM
clemensd
Junior User
Thanks for the belittlement fooch, yeah I guess you are right. 30,000 out of pocket and a few days in the shop for a normal operation label. And atleast I bet the chevy and the tundra are being FIXED.

Quick Reply: Vibration's=Fords losing customers