1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Best Mustang II X-member for 460...?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 10:24 PM
Calistroker00
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Mustang II X-member for 460...?

Hello all! This is my first post on This site... I post over at the ford-trucks.com quite often but there isn't much info about my 56 there... Anway I would like to ask all of you guys that are running MII X-members and 460's which MII X-member has the most clearance and best fit for this combo? I have the rear c-notch and 4-link done now all I need is to get the IFS built and it'll be a roller. Any and all help is greatly appreciated! One more question.. I have three of these 56's and every cab I have is rusted out above the drip rail... Is there any manufacturers the make a replacement top? Thanks.

Jim

Old 04-26-2004, 11:58 PM
DS02F250
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Calistroker,
Welcome to FTE! A few ways to attack the MII and roof questions:
1. do a search in this forum using words like MII, IFS, front suspensions, etc
2. get ahold of a Classic Trucks (or similar) magazine and page thru the ad's. There'll be LOTS of places like Fat Man Fabrications, ,etc that have MII suspensions for the 460. There's also a smaller outfit in Oxnard, CA. that has a good MII product- not sure of the name, but check the magazine ad's. Or, contact Bob's F-100 in Riverside, CA. or Macs Antique Auto Parts in NY. for both of your questions. If they don't have it or can't help you, someone at either place can likely suggest a place(s) where you might find what you're after.

The roof thing is going to be the more difficult of the two, IMO, but give it a shot and ask away!... can't hurt to ask, right?

Good luck, welcome aboard, and let us know how you fare...

Daryl