Notices

Cruise control

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 08:04 AM
deanndeb
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise control

I have a 2003 F-550, V-10, 4x4, auto. It did not come with cruise. I have gone to Ford and tried to get one, but they say not available. I know for a fact it could have come from the factory with it, but the "experts" in parts dont understand this. When you try and tell them its the same wiring harness as any superduty up to the 550, they just kind of give you a blank stare.My question is, has anyone added, or even seen an aftermarket I can install?

Old 04-28-2004, 06:41 PM
turboglide
Senior User
Audiovox makes aftermarket cruise control. Be sure and get the electronic one, not the vacuum type. Stereo stores or online places should have access to it and be able to tell you the speed sensor wire color in your truck.

Old 04-29-2004, 02:42 PM
hhott71
Senior User
Warning stay away from the audiovox units. The audiovox cruise controls have been subject to a product recall for unexpected run-away acceleration.

Cops always believe it when you say the cruise is stuck on 80 when the limit is 65.

SCS/Frigette makes an aftermarket cruise. Scs'Frigette also makes Ford's aftermarket cruise.

I have seen thes in jc whitney , I also have seen them in www.bought4less.com for a lot cheaper than jc whitney

Does your SD V10 have the electronic throttle like the powerstroke diesel? or is it still have an actual cable from the pedal?

Old 06-13-2004, 10:44 AM
fizzgig
New User
just put cruise control kits in your search bar and you will get dozens of hits. JC Whitney also has several different kits available.