6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

problems with banks performance

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 01:51 PM
roadracer68
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
problems with banks performance

well, I really have to say nothing bad about the product they sell, just that there customer service is the worst ever. QUICK run down .

i received this card in the mail showing the new Six pack loader and all the hot new goodies for the 6.0 ford ,and it drew my attention to looking them up, When i purchased my exhaust Banks did not have a down piupe ready at that time, I noticed they listed one know so i called and spoke to a salesman March 12 and told him I would like to order the down pipe, He beat me up for a couple of minutes on there new six pack loader and downed all others ( which as a performance product salesman I personally hate, you should not have to trash others products to sell yours if it truly is the best on the market), but I told him NO just a down pipe please he took all my information including MY A.E. # told me it would ship right away, It was not till april 5. I had not received so I deceided to give them a call, the first salesman played totally stupid and said I had nothing on order and he would take all my info and get one shipped out in 3-4 weeks when they get them. After insisting that he please look deeper, he put me on hold and another guy picks up the phone and we start all over again, he said yes I see your order, but it has not shipped they did not have the six pack speed loaders in stock to send with my order ? I told him I never orderd one that all I had ordered was a Down pipe, he put me on hold came back 2-3 min later and said we do not have any down pipes in stock it would be 3-4 weeks till he could send me one. so I said never mind just cancel my order I had made an appointment to have gauges installed thaat weekend and wanted to get all done at same time and the shop doing the work told me the had down pipes for my truck, The salesman got very upset about this and told me they could not have down pipes or they were junk, and that my truck will run bad because the shop is doing me wrong by installing gauges in my truck instead of purchising there six pack loader and getting there gauge package that goes to it. After I said no no no, I am using a authorized banks dealer and that there web site had sent me to him, surely he woul not be screwing me over , the salsman tells me in a slanderous way good luck and hung up on me! so I was really like wow nice customer service and just scratched them out of my list , I deal with customers every day and I have never hung up on one! my boss would fire me down the road. I had other things going on and could not call back and get his manager and light him up, so i let it go. Till sunday night I am home paying some bills and open my A.E. bill and find those J.O.'s billed me $314.95 back on march 12, the order no one could find, but they could find my money. so I called A.E. and made a claim with them to stop payment and start and inquirery.
Do you think Banks cares NO! all week never heard back from them So I finally call I just could hold back no longer, ask for there manager and all I got was a message machine , I left a short quick message and 8 hours later at dinner I get a call and The lady knows nothing ask's me all my information again and put's me on hold, note I am on my cell phone after holding for 2-3 min. I hung up. 30 min. later she calls me back and said i think we were disconnected, she can only tell me I was billed on march 12 for $314.95 for something they have no record of what that was for it was destroyed when they cancelled my order on tuesday april 6 , she said they had credited me $314.95 back on tuesday for what she could not tell me as that information was not availble. she had nothing else to say, i asked her if she even cared about customer service and what happen here and she said thanks for letting me know and sorry I was mishandled. and that was it . so the end of my banks performance night mare .

thank you for letting me vent , and taking the time to read this whole thing.

patrick #68

Old 04-10-2004, 06:15 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Didn't you post this twice, a bit shorter the first time?

Old 04-11-2004, 10:34 AM
LOOnatic
More Turbo
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Tim Lamkin
Didn't you post this twice, a bit shorter the first time?

Shesssh.
Thats a pretty bad experience.

Old 04-11-2004, 12:28 PM
westwardbound
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You shouldn't have bought the Banks stuff from the autherized dealer eigther. Your still giving them your money, just passing it through a middle man. I don't stand for the bad customer service. I ordered gauges from a company and they charged my card twice its been almost two weeks to get it straightened out. If it's not cleared up by Monday I'll be posting their name on all the forums I use. It's just puts such a bad taste in your mouth. THe only reason I'm giving them this long to fix it is because it seems like they are genually trying to fix it. I hope it works out since I really like their exhaust too.