S.O.S. Motor will not turn over!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 09:44 PM
Stampede
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S.O.S. Motor will not turn over!!!!!

Well I think it happened, I suspect the lower intake failure. Drove the truck Monday night, hauled a heavy load of wood down to my moms, unloaded the truck, drove home. Everything seemed fine, ran good for a change, and tonight went out to start it, and the thing tried to start but just kick back, tried it again nothing, it acts like want's to, but won't. So I think a couple of pistons are full of coolant, will try to pull the plugs tomorrow and then see what happens.

Thanks Stampede.

Old 04-09-2004, 01:56 PM
Busa01
Postmaster
Dude,

Thats a bummer man. I'm so glad I don't have that motor, doesn't mean it still can't happen to me though. As soon as you know something, let us know. I hope it's not that, I really do.

Tom

Old 04-10-2004, 06:35 PM
Stampede
Senior User
Pulled the plugs, and the #4, cyc. closest to the core surpport on the drivers side, blow out coolant.
So what type of gaskets to buy, and has anyone does this before?
Thanks Stampede.

Old 04-10-2004, 06:52 PM
BlueOvalFitter
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Well,its good you caught it before the engine started! You might want to loosen your oil drain plug just slightly to where the oil starts to drip from the hole.Reason being is to see if coolant has gotten into the oil,which will settle to the bottom of the pan,thus,seeing if it will drip out first when loosening the plug!

I had Ford replace my lowers back in 11/02.They used gasket #F65Z*9433*C. They also cleaned the lower intake and EGR ports.I highly recommend you do the same,if you do the work.They also changed the oil before starting the engine upon finishing the gasket replacement. If you have the extra money,let Ford do it; I had them do it due to if in the future there is a recall I have proof it was done.And,they know these engines better then anyone else.Good luck and keep us posted!