1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Shop Manual

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 04:38 PM
FordFadgeole
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shop Manual

I'm considering buying a shop manual from MotorHaven for my 58 truck.They don't give any details on the information in it however.I was wondering if any of you guys purchased one of these shop manuals,and if so,how detailed it might be.I'v never had one of these manuals,but I figured I needed something to go by as I'm redoing the truck from front to back,and know very little tech information on the truck.thanks.

Old 04-03-2004, 05:55 PM
mr4speedford
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buy it! I couldn't work on mine without it! My 1960 has exploded views of parts, instructions and wiring diagrams. -4speed

Old 04-03-2004, 06:22 PM
billsco
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Fordfaggiole,

One thing that has surprised me when working on my '60 is how complicated and highly technical they (57-60's) really are. I never thought so when opening the hood and seeing so much of the driveway, but gone are the days of a simple truck. It stands to reason if you consider for a moment: They were the vehicles that gave our dads the higher road speeds needed for the times, weren't they? To get that higher speed meant a considerably more complicated vehicle, IMO. I wouldn't consider any job without first reading the manual.

regards

Old 04-03-2004, 06:51 PM
FordFadgeole
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks guys.If it works for you,it certainally sounds what I'm looking for.They just didn't give a lot of details on the contents,like a caption of pages or diagrams.The price seems reasonable.I appreciate the reply.