2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vibration-need info on dispute settlement

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 09:37 AM
joe martin
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vibration-need info on dispute settlement

Anyone who can direct me how to get the process started with the Ford Dispute Settlement Board please relay that info to me THANKS .I can't take this vibration any longer,Ford is now waiting for a device they attatch to my truck and that is supposed to idenify where the vibration is coming from.

Old 03-30-2004, 10:23 AM
CruelCrew
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Give your dealer a few chances to fix it. Make sure you talk with the Service Manager. Then call 1-800 Ford Customer Service. Give them a chance. Document everything...days at dealer, phone calls and to whom, work orders, etc. If problem is still not fixed, then tell your Service Manager you understand there is no fix for the problem and you want to file a Warranty Dispute. Call 1-800 Ford back and request a Dispute Settlement Form. Do not let Ford drag you out trying to tell you a fix is coming, blah, blah, blah. I would not let them waste my time as a guinea pig with some vibration finding device, as that wasn't the deal when you bought the truck. They could've used the device at the begining. They are dragging it out until your warranty goes off.

Fill out the Form and send it to the DSB, along with any back-up paperwork (invoices, info from here, etc.) The DSB will either give you a case number or not, depending on if you have a case. The DSB will ask Ford to submit their side, which usually comes from the dealer. Then you get to review what Ford sent and rebuttle any inaccuracies. You also have the opportunity to meet with the DSB, either in person or by phone. Then the DSB will make their decision. Remember, the DSB is a volunteer group, unpaid, and non-Ford employee, set up as a consumer advocate. Be nice, professional, short and to the point. Your documentation will say it all.

Last edited by CruelCrew; 03-30-2004 at 10:25 AM.