2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EBay lift kit......headlight issues?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 12:17 PM
melie
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EBay lift kit......headlight issues?

Those of you that have used the 2" lift kit from EBay, did you have to re-aim your headlights downward? Were other drivers flashing headlights at you, thinking that you were on hi-beam?
Would you comment on your satisfaction with and installation issues with this type of lift kit? Was re-alignment of the truck necessary?

Thanks
Mark
4X4 Lariat Supercrew

Old 03-19-2004, 05:38 PM
GordoPanocho
Elder User
I asked my dealership and the guys who installed the kit if I should adjust my headlights. They said it probably wouldn't make that much of a difference. I have not had anyone flash me thinking I was on hi-beam.

I'm completely satisfied with the kit ... got mine locally (not via ebay).

Re-alignment -- some here say it's necessary, some say it isn't. My install shop recommended it (more $ for them), and I was okay with that. If nothing else, I paid $60 for "peace of mind." Discount Tire (where I got my tires) said it wasn't a bad idea either ... and they were the most straight-up guys I've met in quite some time (no BS).

Old 03-20-2004, 02:21 PM
dgdee
Senior User
I used 1/2 of the Daystar kit. Got 1 3/4" of lift. Installed it about a month ago, could not tell any ride difference. But I figured the toe-in would be changed. If you go out and look at your tie rod end from the boot out to the ball joint, it will be almost level. When you raise your truck it will then angle downward, which means it will be shorter, thus pulling your tires inward. I had the Ford dealer check mine this morning. The camber and caster were still in specs, still close to the middle of the spec range, but the toe was out "bad", was the word they used. Specs are .1 and the right was .53 and the left was .36. After they adjusted it both sides are now at .07. They even rotated and balanced my tires for me. 3800 miles.