2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let's Get This Vibration Problem Off This Forum And In The News

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 02:30 PM
2004FX4Wheeler
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let's Get This Vibration Problem Off This Forum And In The News

Why has noone contacted their local paper and talked with their Sunday Drive editor to complain about their 2004 Motor Trend Tuck of the Year that is supposed to be so quiet and smooth? We should all contact our local papers and let them know about this forum so they can see how discouraged we are and with some attention on the issue Ford will take a stronger look at this problem!

Old 03-18-2004, 04:36 PM
davidmccr
New User
That is a great idea! Have you tried searching the web to find every newspaper or information site (KBB, Edmunds, etc) that has done a story or review on the new F150? Email the author of the article/review. Eventually it will make its way to the general media.

Old 03-18-2004, 04:54 PM
thenetguy
Senior User
Guys!!!!

I've been one of the most vocal in hear but I've got some great news!!! Today they installed the vibration dampener kit which I took a picture of an put in my gallery. This thing is strange looking, but appears to take out at least 75-80 of the vibration and shudders. It's a 25 lb. round weight inside of a black heavy metal box attached to the rear drivers side frame. The weight can rotate and wobble up and down thus canceling the vibration effect. It's not very noticeable and appears to do the trick!
I was really skeptical and didn't think it would work, but so far on my initial tests I have to say I'm impressed. Maybe they have a new dampener that is working now? If you don't have this, get it! I still have more testing to do, but I'm very happy it's much better. The technician went for a ride with me because he also has the same truck and was pretty excited that they appear to have this resolved. I also had the rear end fluid changed with a new type to get rid of the take off on turn shudder. I'll keep testing, but I'm happy at this point I've got my truck back. Stay tuned....no pun intended. :-)

oh....one more thing....since I had to put the stock tires back on to prove my problem to the service department, I decided to go back and get the Nitto Terra Grapplers put on to run another test. Bought the 285/60/18
They appear to handle just fine at this point. In fact, they seem to be better than the stock tires for ride and smoothness.