2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Knock It Off!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 09:07 PM
CruelCrew
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Main Entry: en·thu·si·ast
Pronunciation: -"ast, -&st
Function: noun
: a person filled with enthusiasm : as a : one who is ardently attached to a cause, object, or pursuit b : one who tends to become ardently absorbed in an interest
Earth to 1FittyJer....

"Enthusiasm" comes in many forms and many flavors. It doesn't always come in the form of bliss, as seen through rose-colored glasses.

I have great enthusiasm. I'm "ardently attached to a cause"...a cause of making sure my truck meets my expectations. A "cause" of making sure I got what I paid for. A "cause" of making sure my truck performs and operates as advertised. A "cause" of improving this vehicle. I am very "enthusiastic" about my "cause".

The "object" that I am "ardently attached" to is the truck. I love trucks, and I own several of them. I understand how they are supposed to operate and function. I use them. Trucks "enthuse" me.

The "pursuit" that I am "ardently attached" to is my 100% satisfaction with the product. I have high standards and high expectations. When it's perfect, I'll be 100% satisfied. Until then, I will be "enthusiastic" about trying to achieve 100% satisfaction.

Obviously we are on this site, and making posts, because we are "ardently absorbed in an interest". The interest being the 2004 F-150.

I think we all fit your definition of "enthusiastic". You just don't like how we are "enthusiastic".

1FittyJer, if you don't like this web site...then leave.

Whining, complaining, and making hypocritical posts will get you nowhere. Even you, yourself, have contributed nothing to your own crusade. I dont' see where you fit the mold of an "enthusiast". You've certainly done nothing to make our trucks better than they already are.

Think about it.

Old 03-10-2004, 10:23 PM
03f150man
Elder User
1Fittyjer, Not sure who here is poorly educated but maybe this will help those who did not have the benefit of high school latin. "forum"--a latin word for "1. a public square or market area where legal and political business was conducted. 2. An assembly for the discussion of public matters. " We've all seen posters on the site who knew nothing about ford trucks and alleged so many ill described problems that their posts were completely ludicrous (i.e. pure BS). And we've all seen people here who dont give a hoot about ford trucks but only post to peddle their wares . With that said, there are good and bad aspects to an open discussion, but the advantages of an open forum far outweigh the negative aspects of people posting something you (or I) dont want to read. These pages are , afterall, a Forum.

Censuring people is not the answer; just ignore the silly/irrelevant posts and the issue will take its own course. Maybe others here will want to apply this idea to some of the posts i've seen on this thread. Think about it.

Last edited by 03f150man; 03-10-2004 at 10:34 PM.
Old 03-10-2004, 10:42 PM
erniett
New User
1FittyJer, you are absolutely right. See my post: Stop! I gave up on the complaining and bickering between members.

Old 03-10-2004, 11:41 PM
1FittyJer
New User
Appreciate all the feedback from everyone - even those that felt it necassary to really try and make it personal. Funny how some responded to what I posted. I dunno... maybe a guilty conscious or something - LOL.

At any rate, I just had to vent - as most of you do from time to time. I just got fed up late last night after reading a positive post that turned sour. I just got tired of it. I am looking for positive insight to these trucks. A place to find resolution to problems that may arise. A place to discuss possible mods, ideas, stories, etc. - The same really as everyone else. If you however, do not think this site is weighted in negativity then you are in denial. Just take a look at how many and and thumbsdown signs there are on the left.

Again, please don't misunderstand me. I know these trucks have room for improvement. That is why I choose to mod the vehicles I own - plus it is just fun to make it my own - a stand out... a looker.

If there are serious issues, talk about them. There are plenty of threads on here that do that. But when you have those AND the crap about the petty (IMHO) it just borders on insane.

I do like the site....

And as far as my first post having mistakes. Get over yourself. This is a thread not a literary work.

I am done ranting. You now have my opinion thought on the matter. I will do my best and keep it positive now too. Just remember... I never tried to make it personal with any one person. Can't really say the rest for everyone else.

Old 03-10-2004, 11:51 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Gang... we're getting side-tracked with petty bickering here.

Let's not get mired down in how someone writes their posts, the definitition of enthusiat, etc.

This site is here to talk about Ford trucks, the good and the bad.... throwing stones at each other is counter-productive to that goal.