Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Dentsides Ford Truck

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-20-2004, 01:05 AM
New User

rexdart is starting off with a positive reputation.
1976 ford courier

Just wondering if anyone has seen a good v8 conversion book for the venerable ford courier. im restoring my 76 and when the engine finnally dies, a fresh v8 should take its place.

also could use a good source for the 1.8 parts. i need a valve cover gasket and brake parts like wheel cylinder kits for the front and back, left and right sides.

i could also use a replacement set of tire tools, a jack, the tire crank and a stock lug wrench. they were stolen while the truck sat idle (for 3 years) at the school district lot before it was sold at auction last month. took only a new battery to get it started. Even the AC system was still functional.

I also need an F for my hood.

No luck at the area boneyards. only 2 couriers located thusfar and ive gotten all the parts i can get.

Ive noted that the mazda window regulators will fit the courier door and they use readily available crank handles (round shaft, clip style) rather than the oem, square shaft/pinned cranks.

Ive also noted that my courier is plagued with bad electrical grounds which have knocked out the marker lamps and other systems periodically.

Its a cute little truck and with 27 mpg, that 1.60 a gallon gas doenst hurt quite so much. But i'd trade it for a v8 in a heartbeat.

any help would be appreciated. thanks.
Old 02-20-2004, 01:30 AM
Posting Legend

Torque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to behold
Hello, welcome to FTE!

All of our trucks have ground problems, they are just old. Some of the guys here recommend the Ranger small chassis truck forum for more info. More Ranger owners have owned Couriers. You might also want to check out our new Engine Swap forum. Otherwise the search function may turn up a few threads here with info.
Old 08-20-2004, 02:28 PM
New User

ungaii102 is starting off with a positive reputation.
1976 Courier

Rexdart,

I have the same type of Courier, 1.8L 4 speed trans. I'm looking for a grill and front bumper. I live in Central Florida. A V8 in it would be good fun. I've not run it for over a year and it needs me to get it going again. It's a good strong truck and I'd like to keep it looking and running good.

Carl
Old 08-21-2004, 09:48 AM
Senior User

JoeBlow is starting off with a positive reputation.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/326713

Here is a link u guys might find interesting.
Old 08-21-2004, 09:48 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks

Tags
1976, courier