2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tonneau questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 05:25 AM
bigjack
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE]Originally posted by First One
[B]Bigjack You said you had a sportrac. Was that a good truck? What did you like and not like about it? My wife wants to get an 04 sportrac Any comments would be helpful Thanks First One
Welcome to FTE! I bought the Sport Trac for my wife new in '02. We both liked it alot but when the 04 F150 came out I couldn't resist. The F-150 is alot roomier than the ST. Of course that room comes at a price, about 5k more.--Jack

Old 02-09-2004, 05:46 AM
Caddy 53
Senior User

good bad tonneau cover

I had a hard fiberglass cover a few years ago. To hard to remove,to heavy,also leaked water around gasket. Went back to dealer several times for leak issues, finally ask for return of money($700). Bought new truck in 02 and installed EXTANG FULL TILT. Very satisfied with it. Traded for a 04 ford and bought another XTANG FULL TILT. The othe cover for sale )@ short bed G.M.
I think you would be pleased with the features.
Caddy 53 chuck

Old 02-12-2004, 11:31 AM
mtodd
New User
Little off subject here but… I would like to have a light under my LSII that comes on when I raise the cover and goes off when it shuts: Something like the light we have under the hood. The top dealer says he can’t supply this. Now I guess I could get a hood light and wire it up somehow, but I’m thinking there my be an easier, and likely less expensive, solution. Thoughts and suggestions appreciated?

Old 02-12-2004, 12:36 PM
fanman2
Senior User
I paid $875.00 INSTALLED for my ARE LSII Toneau Cover.....and in my opinion, it was/is well worth the $$$$....

Since having it installed back in November.....we have had MANY heavy rains here in the Charlotte, NC area.....and I have driven over 7,500 miles.....and have NOT had one tiny leak into the bed area of my truck.

And as far as removing the cover goes.....loosen (4) easily accessible bolts......remove the clamps.....and two strong guys can easily lift the cover from the truck. It weighs LESS than 100 pounds!!

Old 02-12-2004, 12:40 PM
bigjack
Elder User
mtodd
They make a light for closets and other places that are not wired. It uses batteries and is turned on/off by pushing it. Not real fancy but it works. It won't turn on/off automatically though.--Jack

Old 02-12-2004, 02:54 PM
TWellmann
Senior User
MTodd, find another dealer. There are two light options. One is battery operated, the other is wired to your truck battery.

If you want the light to come on automatically, have the dealer install a mercury switch that'll trigger when the cover is opened.

Old 02-13-2004, 04:42 PM
ralupien
Freshman User
I did a Fold-a-Cover. It gave me the option of opening the front or the back. It can also be folded all the way back to the cab. It’s a hard cover and locks at the front and the back as well.

Old 02-13-2004, 04:50 PM
ralupien
Freshman User
I did a Fold-a-Cover. It gave me the option of opening the front or the back. It can also be folded all the way back to the cab. It’s a hard cover and locks at the front and the back as well.

Old 02-14-2004, 12:30 PM
srob
New User
I bought the A.R.E. II for my SCREW. I researched almost all covers before choosing A.R.E. It looks great. I paid $850 installed. I understand that some dealers are selling them for around $700. I only had one A.R.E. dealer withing 100 miles of me so I suppose he has the market cornered. I did'nt want to travel that far so I bit the bullet. I'm very satisfied with my purches. The A.R.E. has a little more inside clearance so you get several more square inches of storage space. As far as removing it goes, it seems to be very simple. Just four C-clamps and maybe 2 people to lift it off.

SROB

Old 02-16-2004, 04:06 PM
subliminaldanger
Elder User
stylin concepts has 2 covers that would fit what you need. Both are metal covers that roll up in a carrier right behind the cab. They lock, are waterproof. One can be opened with a remote like most cars come with. the name is not posted but the order number is ST1480. The other is the Jack Rabbit rectractable cover- ST1234

Old 02-16-2004, 04:23 PM
fishroe
Freshman User
It depends on whether you want a hard cover or soft cover. I have a soft cover. Am real happy with it. It is made by Webasto. I think it's Webasto.com. It is the power tonneau . Comes with remote control fob. Has a light also. You can stop it in any position. Kind of closes up like an accordian. Uncovers all of the bed but a foot or so.