2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Find my truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 10:51 PM
dr04fx4
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Find my truck

Folks...I had to order what I wanted, but I can't believe it's not out there on some dealer's lot already. Ordered 2004 F150 FX4 S/cab Flareside, black/DSG 2-tone ext, black int., bench seat up front, only options are: mirror package, tow package, 3.55 LSD, black tubular running boards. Sounds simple, right?

This is where I need 1956MarkII to help me out. I've built the truck a thousand times using zip codes for dealer inventory in PA, NY, DE, MD, VA and can't find it!! I ordered 1/20/04 and still no word from the dealer.

If there is anybody on the East coast that spots this truck on a dealers lot, how about letting me know! I have the feeling the factory order is going to extend for awhile, and would rather have my butt in the drivers seat than sitting here typing an SOS!

Thanks - Don

Old 02-07-2004, 08:33 AM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The problem is the flareside- most dealers are scared to death to order one for stock. I did find one, however- it has 3.73 limited slip, 18" wheels, trailer-tow, tubular running boards, black/ gray ext., black bench interior. No mirror package, however. MSRP is $35020. If you qualify for X-Plan, the price with rebates is $29440. If that works, let me know.

Old 02-07-2004, 11:12 PM
dr04fx4
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jeff...thanks for the good work, you bloodhound! It sounds close but no cigar, that mirror package is one of those things you'd rather have and not need it than need it and not have it. I could settle on 3.73 lsd and 18" wheels (now I'm wishing I ordered them to begin with), but tow and mirrors rate high.

Why would dealers shun the flareside? For me, I look at the convenience of all-around access to the bed. With the new beds 2" higher than before, that makes a difference. Even the owner of my dealer relayed a story that he took an '04 home, used it for a trip to Home Depot, and when he got home he couldn't reach the stuff that was in the front of the bed.

I've heard of intermittent stoppages in production for certain models (awaiting chrome step boards or whatever) but now I'm wondering if there is a halt while they address the LSD clutch pack and sliding rear window problems. Are you aware of any stoppages? (I'm not dissin' the truck, every vehicle will have first-year production quirks)

Just want to keep in the loop because it's been 3 weeks with no positive news from the dealer. But maybe it's working out for the best....let the Feb sleet, snow and ice become a memory before I take delivery.

Thanks for your help, bud!! -Don