Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Eco Systems Fuel Vaporizer Product ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 01:37 PM
Oklahoma
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eco Systems Fuel Vaporizer Product ??

You or someone you know ever used Eco Systems fuel vaporizer products? ecofuelsystems.com I read a thread earlier today on this and checked it out a little bit. Emmissions decrease with sometimes a 25% increase in mpg. Called a reference number and got nothing besides praise. They installed it on several things from a Cat, semi-trucks, to gas PUs. This was on well used, had maintenence records, gov vehicles. He like it so well that he installed on his private vehicles too; VW bugs, etc. They got an average of 10% to 15% increase on mpg, noticable power increase, less pollutants in emmissions, etc. The enviro aspects are worth it alone, but with even 10% higher mpg it doesn't take long to surpass the break even point!

I couldn't do a search for this on FTE, so was wanting your opinions.

Old 02-05-2004, 04:12 PM
Chuckatuck Chessie
New User
The old adage, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is." may apply in this instance. I would suspect that if this product really worked and increased fuel efficiency up to 25% (i.e. my 2003 7.3 gets approx. 18 mph on average thus I'd see a mpg boost to 22.5) I'd would suspect every fleet owner in the nation would have them installed. Place this in juxtaposition with gchavez's experiences with Diesel Kleen at his 1st 60-65 mph test (18.8 to 21.0 mpg=11% fuel efficiency increase & 2d test 15.84 to 17.32 = 9% increase). I think it has been said on this forum many times that the fuel efficiency of the PSDs suffers when the turbo spins up around 2K rpms (around 70 on mine)

The Federal Trade Commission & EPA have been soliciting these gas-saving device companies to submit their products for evaluation and as of the time of the printing of this article (October 2003)(http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/autos/gasave.htm) I don't see the ECO product listed.

Maybe Mambojam could provide us with the name and phone number of the Busch Beer distributor in his area so we could check with the fleet manager who is installing the magnetic devices on his beer trucks.

Caveat Emptor "Let the buyer beware." Don't rely on their information alone, ask for references. Call the references and get additional ones from them. Good Luck!
No Mods--Light Foot

Old 02-05-2004, 10:54 PM
bender97f250
Senior User
I highly doubt the increase in mpg, the most you will see with a psd is around 20... Slight decrease in emissions- maybe, with a tight engine.

Old 02-06-2004, 09:33 AM
Oklahoma
Senior User
Well that's the trouble with this product. Almost all of the refernces and testimonials are from commercial but mostly gov fleets managers or transportation directors. Everyone from police units, ambulances, and firetrucks have tested the product and renewed or stated pending contracts for the product. I am a very sceptical, eco, and money wise person. Look at my signature for posts. You won't see any mods listed (I don't count exhaust pipes) because only one, 10 Kmod, has came close to passing my informational, results, testimonial, and price tests. I am still a bit skeptical on it too. It is not magnetic, that's an easy one to dismiss, it is catalytical; similiar to the cat converter that is installed on higher emmission vehicles, like gas engines. I forgot to mention the most benefit from testimonials and testing companies was with older, more mileage vehicles. The PSDs got better results with highway mpg increase, but almost no increase (0% to 5%) town driving. I did call a reference number, I know I know, it is listed as a reference number on the site for a reason, they will have good things to say. I have not had time yet to check Better Business Bureaus (sp?). I know the theory, and it is sound. Generically the same reason why you put in DK, 10 k mod, add propane, etc. I am still going to check it out over the next few months.

Old 02-06-2004, 04:40 PM
slc10844
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
While we are on the subject, does anyone have any knowledge/experience with the F.A.S.S. (fuel air separation system). I've seen it advertised in PSR. It claims to remove air from the fuel and by doing so increases HP, smoother idle and decreases engine noise. Cost is over $600. It can be seen at westerndiesel.com It looks like nothing more than a couple of filters and an electric pump.

Old 02-09-2004, 10:11 AM
Oklahoma
Senior User
Sorry, slc. Don't think too many people here interested in these type of simplistic fuel devices. Mostly electronic doohickies for engine control and/or HP. Check out the switched 10K mod though, I think it is worth the money and effort after a very short time (break even point). I would be very wary of the $600 dollars price tag. Unless increase of mpg and you drive a long ways or your daily job calls for it, it will be forever or never before you see a diff in pocket book. Try going to some of the energy conservation sites on vehicles. they have some excellent tips and threads for products. Maybe this one will be there. Check out Better Business Bureaus, contacts, have business send you data and people who have bought product, ...

Later.

Old 02-09-2004, 03:27 PM
slc10844
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Oklahoma - I was just wondering if anyone had any knowledge or experience with F.A.S.S. I have never heard of air in the fuel being a problem or the need to purge it. Wasn't think of buying one, just curious. Thanks for response. slc