Wisconsin Chapter Join Chapter Leader:

Wheeling in Wisconsin

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 11:33 AM
topfisherman
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wheeling in Wisconsin

I was wondering if anyone knew of some good spots to go wheeling in Wisconsin? Perferably in the southern part of the state. I live in West Bend and I have not been able to find much for off-roading.

Old 01-18-2004, 02:04 PM
mpcrewcab
Senior User
A group of us are planning on making a run late march/beg of april to the badlands in Attica IN, also a trip to McCaslin Mt this summer and probaly a fall run back to the badlands again.

Old 01-19-2004, 09:02 AM
KJKozak2
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Count me in for McCasslin's. I'll bring the keg.

topfisherman,

There's not a heck of a lot for off-roading around here unless you know a lot of farmers. I've been looking for some place to go near you for the last two years. We have a lake cottage on little Green Lake (the one that Lazy Daze is on) and I'd love to find a place to go somewhere around there.

My sister-in-law & hubby just built a place in the town of Wayne (west of Kewaskum) and I've been trying to talk him into making some trails on his 25 acres. Maybe this summer.

As for other places to go, there's McCasslin Mountain (as mentioned) and the Pipeline. They're both in Athelstane which is about 20 minutes from Crivitz. We go there several times a summer with 4-5 trucks and dozens of ATVs.

Kevin K.

Old 01-19-2004, 03:12 PM
topfisherman
Senior User
Yea, I've been looking for a long time too and have not found much. So far some of the best spots I've found is when I go up-north past Eagle River to Phelps on logging roads, but I only get to go up there a handfull of times a year, since I can only go when my dad gets off of work (because I'm only 16, the parents won't let me drive that far).

Old 02-04-2004, 04:36 PM
buzziscrazy2
Senior User
Buzz'z playground........ and soon to be added:rock crawling.....

Old 02-05-2004, 09:08 AM
KJKozak2
Posting Guru
Buzz,

Still haven't heard anything on the winter Buzzfest...

K.

Old 02-05-2004, 10:14 AM
buzziscrazy2
Senior User
Talking

I'm thinking this coming weekend !! With more snow on the way, lets get it............

I also have found a HUGE rock pit to go play in just down the block from my house. Then of course there is my back yard aswell.......

So, Who's in ?...........

Old 02-22-2004, 08:58 AM
buckinbronco
New User
Hey, I'm from Eau Claire, which is a ways north of you, but I'm having a heck of a time finding places to go wheeling as well. I just bought a 78 bronco - my first 4X4 - and am getting pretty frustrated not having anywhere nearby to go. It seems a bit ironic that I have to drive so far on the highway to find a few miles of trails. If you're ever over by hastings, mn there is a spot called the bottoms - KICK *** trails!!! I only wish there was something a little closer for us cheeseheads. Sorry I can't be of much help, I get lost down south, but if you happen to know of anywhere up this way please let me know. Good luck in your search for a fun ride.

Old 02-23-2004, 03:59 AM
buzziscrazy2
Senior User
The MUDD is coming !!

Old 02-23-2004, 08:36 AM
KJKozak2
Posting Guru
Originally posted by buckinbronco
Hey, I'm from Eau Claire, which is a ways north of you, but I'm having a heck of a time finding places to go wheeling as well.
Welcome! I have a good friend in EauClaire and visit there several times a year.

Isn't Dresser close to you? They run CORR races there and someone told me they have trails there, too.

I've been to Hastings, but only by boat. Didn't know they had anything there.

Kevin K.

Old 02-23-2004, 10:28 AM
Ford79
Lead Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dresser is around an hour and a half from Eau Claire, depending on which route you take. My wife grew up in Hastings and her and her friends spent time playing in the bottoms on four wheelers and trucks. Don't know if anyone is allowed in there anymore though (it isn't anthing sanctioned AFAIK) I currently live less than 5 minutes from Dresser (Trollhaugen).

Old 02-23-2004, 10:40 AM
KJKozak2
Posting Guru
Mike,

How is Dresser (Trollhaugen) for wheelin'? I've never been there, but ran into guys on the pipeline that have. They say it's ok, but that's all I've heard.

Kevin K.

Old 02-23-2004, 12:33 PM
Ford79
Lead Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I haven't wheeled ther myself. From the look of it, short wheelbase rigs are pretty common. I believe the trails wind through the woods and are quite tight for full size rigs. I may check it out this summer if I get time and something to drive.

Old 02-23-2004, 01:02 PM
KJKozak2
Posting Guru
Thanks Mike.

If you go, let me know what it's like.

K.

Old 02-24-2004, 07:03 PM
buckinbronco
New User
Thanks for the reply, Kevin. I know where Dresser is; it's a pretty good haul from here (Eau Claire.) I've about given up on finding any "legal" trails around here. I think the best response I've gotten to this question has been "Make your own trails"

Quick Reply: Wheeling in Wisconsin