Montana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Sailor_Roy

Moderator.

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 08:22 PM
mattsbox999
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the Admin's are gonna have to fix my old username *0hint, hint* first.

I wouldn't mind being a moderator in any forum, I just hope its this one. I think that just watching over a few guys is much easier than trying to keep track of the GC.

I really do appreciate what you are doing, Mike. thanks a lot.

Old 01-13-2004, 09:01 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Just dawned on me.... Northwest Mt isn't part of the plains. We are WAYYYYYYYYY over the other side of the Rocky's.... but I guess at least we have a forum now, eh?

Old 01-13-2004, 09:08 PM
swann79
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's OK fordlover... Montana's big enough to split into 10 different geographic areas, but there wouldn't be enough users from each region to fill the forums!

Besides, a few treks through the rockies never hurt nobody!

Old 01-13-2004, 09:09 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
RRMike.... I also appreciate the feedback concerning the moderators opinions. I think anyone who cares enough to do a good job...and meets the qualifications, will do a great job.

Old 01-13-2004, 09:57 PM
RRMike
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by superrangerman2002
I guess I really didn't think I was even being considered, let alone mentioned by any other mods.
Very much so.

I think the Admin's are gonna have to fix my old username *0hint, hint* first.

I wouldn't mind being a moderator in any forum, I just hope its this one. I think that just watching over a few guys is much easier than trying to keep track of the GC.

I really do appreciate what you are doing, Mike. thanks a lot.
I'll bring it to their attention.

I feel the same way about moderating a busy forum right off the bat. My NW forum is pretty quiet and has good folks that don't need much attention.

No problem. I know you guys can't see behind the scenes and I was in the same boat and you have no idea if anyone is doing anything or what they're saying or if you're even being taken seriously. I guess I just wanted to reassure you guys that you are being considered seriously and I would expect a decision soon.

RRMike.... I also appreciate the feedback concerning the moderators opinions. I think anyone who cares enough to do a good job...and meets the qualifications, will do a great job.
I think the most important thing is just being an active participant with a good attitude and going out of your way to help out others when you have info they need and being friendly. Seems like that's the common thread among the mods I've noticed. The mod forum is the most warm welcoming polite (when the ribbing isn't going on) forum on fte.

Old 01-13-2004, 11:07 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I kinda decided that there was no reason to ever start a beef with anyone here, there isn't any way to solve it so there is no reason to be getting angry. Its also a lot easier to just tell people to behave, they quickly realize that they are acting like children, and either they are really embarrased and don't come back, or they figure it out and think a little bit before they get angry and post again.

Old 01-13-2004, 11:11 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
To put things into perspective, its the same distance across Montana, as it is from Boston to Cleveland.

Yes we are a huge state, but its so sparse that we have to have a forum like FTE just to communicate.

BTW, its a nine hour drive to get to Kalispell from Billings.

Old 01-14-2004, 01:50 AM
RRMike
Posting Guru
Originally posted by mattsbox99
I kinda decided that there was no reason to ever start a beef with anyone here, there isn't any way to solve it so there is no reason to be getting angry. Its also a lot easier to just tell people to behave, they quickly realize that they are acting like children, and either they are really embarrased and don't come back, or they figure it out and think a little bit before they get angry and post again.
Gosh no props for getting mattsbox99 back in action

I'm hurt

Old 01-14-2004, 01:51 AM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Oh yeah.

Thanks Mike.

Old 01-14-2004, 02:05 AM
RRMike
Posting Guru
I was kidding of course. I just left a note for Dennis in the thread about this forum in the mod forum. He fixed it. Glad I could help though. Those guys get pretty busy.

Old 01-14-2004, 02:06 AM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Yeah I figured he would get around to it.

its good that he did, I was needing to reply in a few specific threads, I didn't want to throw too many people off.

Last edited by Mattsbox99; 01-14-2004 at 02:10 AM.
Old 01-19-2004, 01:45 AM
fatherdoug
Elder User
It is nice to see a group of people that share a common interest with common problems(i.e access to resources that are long distances away.)

This forum has provided me with some much-needed information that I wasn't able to find elsewhere. Thanks Matt, and others.

For anybody that is in the neighborhood, Colstrip Days always offers a chance for cars to parade through town every year on the last weekend of June. There are several prize categories for different types of vehicles.

Old 01-19-2004, 01:52 AM
Matts72
Post Fiend
I kinda had to raise a bit of a fit to get this going but in the end, somebody else told me about it.

Welcome, Doug, feel free to stop by the introductions thread and post a few sentences if you like!

Old 01-21-2004, 05:11 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
It's Official .. Matt Is your new Moderator

Congratualtions Matt.

Everyone ....

Yes, I know he will do a great job but ,how about we make things easy for him, ?

Old 01-21-2004, 06:15 PM
Carlene
Admom
Received 190 Likes on 118 Posts
Congrats Matt - nice to have you aboard......

Quick Reply: Moderator.