1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rear bumper and hitch

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2002, 09:28 PM
thewhiteford
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rear bumper and hitch

I'm sick and tired of the stock rear bumper. I want to find a stainless steel one with reverse lights built in. Who makes this kind of bumper? I don't want the plastic, anymore. If even the tiniest bit of paint or stain gets on there, it leaves a mark. It got so bad that I had to replace the pads. That is why I want all stainless steel, easy to clean. I'm a painter so there's always going to be the risk of some material getting on the rear bumper. I'd also like to have the built-in lights instead of having them hang off the bottom. They get bent every which way down there.
Then there's the hitch. I'll probably be only towing a couple of snow mobiles. BUT, just incase a bigger need comes along, which usually does, I want to be prepared for it with a class IV hitch. Who makes the best one?
Thanks for the help.

Old 09-12-2002, 10:05 PM
FortyFords
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
rear bumper and hitch

Old 09-12-2002, 10:32 PM
FortyFords
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
rear bumper and hitch

Geez whiteford !
Your asking for alot ya know its not xmas yet
''''
I can't get my fishin boat till after xmas ,so yer gonna have to wait !

I'll chk around see about rear bumper for ya!

Rich

Old 09-13-2002, 09:45 AM
Waxy
Postmaster
rear bumper and hitch

Whiteford, wanna sell me your stock bumper?

I'm lookin' for a stock Ford chrome rear bumper. I managed to straighten mine out pretty good after a little "adjustment" I made to it the other day. A little force from a hi-lift jack and it popped back out like a plastic pop bottle. These bumpers are pretty wimpy. However, you can still see the scars in the chrome.

Let me know.

I'll be watching this thread about a new stainless bumper too, I never thought of that.

Thanks,

Waxy

Old 09-13-2002, 11:05 AM
79CEEJAY
Elder User
rear bumper and hitch

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 13-Sep-02 AT 12:10 PM (EST)]Hey, whiteford. I had a pretty beef cake Texas 10" drop bumper on my '90 F-350. It had 1/2" plate for the step/hitch and the rest was 10 guage plate. The chrome job was pretty nice quality, and it bolted right up without any problems. The manufacturer was FEY WWW.FEYAUTOMOTIVE.COM. I don't know if they are still around, but I was impressed with their quality....and price. As for the "back up" lights, I don't know if there was one from the factory with the cut outs, but on mine I just mounted some 4" rubber housing tractor/worklights to either side and hooked them up to a seperate switch. Hope this helps you out.