59 Ranchero parts expensive?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2003, 10:38 PM
GLGrumpy
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
59 Ranchero parts expensive?

I have a lead on a 59 Ranchero, pretty sad in woods, floors gone, generally ruff. The dash even has eaten out part by some animals. Got good open, think it may have 352?, don't look like Y-block at least, has big air cleaner on it. Owner wanted me to make an offer. NOW he says someone was asking for the steering wheel from it. According to them, it's worth between $500 and $1000 dollars itself!!! And column is worth another $1200 w/out wheel!!! What's that crap about?? Aren't they the same as Sedan parts?? Maybe the horn ring is all diff? the wheel had some cracks in it, and faded, trim didn't look that fancy to me, and column was plain as a truck and small. I don't even think it was as fancy as a Galaxy 500 may have. So, the F.O.S. or are these parts really that odd and hard to find??? I was gonna maybe offer $500 for it, till I saw it today. It's sunk in ground pretty far, and hood hinge rusted/bent as we opened it, barely got it pressed back to close. Tailgate sounds like same deal, I didn't even open it, only unlatched for a moment. Guy thinks he has a Goldmine and says most buy old vehicles just to get a title!! Sheesh! I left depressed!

Old 12-31-2003, 07:52 AM
jowilker
Fleet Owner

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
Grumpy, Exhale pull your belt up two notches and walk away, no run.

Remember this, it aint what it's worth, it's what someone is willing to pay that sets the value.

John

Old 01-12-2004, 07:37 PM
Skipstowin
Senior User
Grumpy,

Jowilker is right...patience is the key. As rare as a 59 Ranchero parts car is, even more rare are people like you looking for them. That guy will come to his senses soon enough.

Watch eBay. Yesterday a California 59 Ranchero, daily driver with a 390/auto sold for $1525. This one appeared unmodified with original wheels and hubcaps. A STEAL!

Every couple weeks 1 or 2 show up on eBay. I got one already else I would have jumped on it myself.

Skip

Old 02-21-2004, 12:59 AM
CustomCab59
Freshman User
Man if you need 59 ford parts my family collects these old fords. Im still workin on my 59 ranchero. I can give you as much info as you need.

Old 02-21-2004, 07:20 AM
jowilker
Fleet Owner

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
And to keep the bossmans yard dogs out of here please, do your parts exchange off list, that way the rules will be followed and I'll keep them at bay.

John