Texas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: LibTimothy

Ford HELP

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2003, 09:16 PM
sotxford
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford HELP

Hey i recently bought MY first ford. My family members have owned many fords, and many with bad sucess. I myself said i would never by a ford. I OWN 3 go figure. Anyway my 89 is the most cherished truck i have ever owned and i would never get rid of this truck it's awesome!! NE way after having major work done i need a good ford mechanic in the Corpus Christi area. Any suggestions would be appreciated. You ford guys finally one over an old Dodge boy!

Old 12-30-2003, 11:19 PM
Munkey
Fleet Mechanic
What kind of work are you looking to have done?? Engine? Trans? Other stuff?

Old 12-31-2003, 06:44 PM
OJ_Bronco
Junior User
yeah, like he said. What kind of work are you trying to get done? I may know a good tranny guy who sucks at engines or a good engine guy who sucks at tranny's. So that information would be good to know.

I don't live In Corpus anymore, but I was born and raised there, so I know a guy or two. Once had a guy fix my wrecked 1982 honda accord (it was pretty bad, I rear-ended a ranger) for 250 bucks and a set of tires. You could NOT tell that car had been wrecked!!! I would give you his name, but my dad said he got deported...hmmph

Old 01-01-2004, 08:38 AM
sotxford
New User
engine and tranny

Old 01-08-2004, 12:50 PM
Rosati
Postmaster
What exactly is the problem you need help with? You'd be suprised by the amount of money could be saved by doing the work yourself if you have the right answers.

Old 01-26-2004, 05:25 PM
jmonte1
New User
tranny problem

new to the site, can't believe it took me so long to find it...anyhow, i have a 1989 f150, 156k...was given to me by my grandfather...tranny takes a few minutes to kick into gear, especially on cold mornings...just changed the fluid & filter this yesterday....it needed changing, did not see anything out of the ordinary, very few metal shavings...any help or info would be appreciated...thanks.

james m