Need a little help

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 07:35 AM
kid vishus
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need a little help

Howdy all.

We need a little help in locating a box. We are in Hillsborough, and need a shortbed, dual tank box for a '93 F150. My girlfreind bought a wrecked '93 Lightning dirt cheap, but the box was totalled, and we are having a hard time locating one.

Old 01-27-2004, 07:39 AM
jowilker
Fleet Owner

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
Hi Kid, I'm John and reside in Durham, about a mile north of 85 off Guess rd. MW95F250 is from Creedmoor, good to see some neighbors here. I don't know how much time you have available, but a lot of searching is better than rushing into a purchase. Check this site out http://www.tarheelspecialties.com They sell drug and alcohol seized vehicles, some wrecked, some perfect. I saw a 97 F150 sell for $1100.00. Too bad it had hidden compartments in it, and could only be sold to licensed salvage dealers.

You may have to settle for a year series bed and add the proper trim.

good luck with your hunt

John

Old 02-08-2004, 09:23 PM
MW95F250
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
John is right, I am about 20 minutes up the road in the Butner/Creedmoor area.

You might want to try Bullock's Salvage in Creedmoor, off Sam-Moss Hayes Rd. This place would be my first choice, I've never seen a crusher there.

Also, try Nine's Salvage in Brassfield, near Youngsville, I believe that's off Bruce Garner Rd. Second choice, I don't think the crusher visits here often either.

Greenway's Salvage is a small junkyard off US Hwy 158 near Henderson, I'd call them first before riding up there.

Jake's Salvage off Horton Rd. in Durham, just past Advance Auto Parts off 501 might have some beds as well, but I haven't rode by there in a while. Third choice, but most of what I've seen is older cars, but the crusher doesn't visit that often either.

I think you can try looking them up at www.switchboard.com , it's always worked for me pretty good.

I'm trying to think of some other junkyards in Durham, I think near Cheek Rd. area, John you might could help me remember where, but there are about 4 or 5 junkyards on the same street, but the bad thing, is I think they crush their stuff almost immediately (that's what I remembered from the last time I was in that part of Durham). I'd try these last, because it is highly unlikely that they will have anything intact on hand.

All of these places have a lot of wrecked late model vehicles.

Last edited by MW95F250; 02-08-2004 at 09:28 PM.
Old 02-09-2004, 06:17 AM
jowilker
Fleet Owner

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
Are you thinking of Harvest street?

Most of their trucks are older than what he is looking for. There is a place on 64 somewhere around Ramsurer and on the north side of the hwyway that has a fenced in yard of nothing but beds.

I was a passenger, headed east and was nearly past the business before I saw them. It is like a fenced in parking lot beside a store/business.

John

Old 02-09-2004, 05:11 PM
MW95F250
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You might be right about it being Harvest St., in fact I think it is there, but like I said the last time I was over that way (it's been a long while), everything I saw had been crushed, or was in line to be crushed.

The other places you mentioned don't ring a bell to me.

Another place you might want to try is down in Clayton off Hwy 70, they get a lot of wrecked trucks and that place is huge, and it's easy access to the trucks in the yard.