Notices

K&N / AFE / AMS Air Filters

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2003, 09:32 AM
avintage1956
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
K&N / AFE / AMS Air Filters

I have been doing a fair amount of reading on the subject of air filtration. A car engine, because of the nature of the beast, is a dust magnet. Rotating iron, steel, form electromagnetic fields. So my volant intake system is exposed to a considerable amount of under the hood dust. Now add to that a open, high flow filter, and one has a slow death sentence on their piston rings. So my next step will be to build a box around this system, and enlarge the hole in my fender and seal the box aginst the firewall. I will also look at building a ram air scoop system to feed cold outside air in to my filter box. Last point, K&N has a filter problem, does anyone know about Advanced Flow Engineering? I would like to get a few extra horsepower, but I also want a 250,000 mile engine life. Has anyone done any hard core research into which filter gives the best flow, and traps the most dirt. I understand that AFE is comming out with a ProGuard series in Janurary 2004. If anyone has seen the movie Second Hand Lions, this is what I would like to do to all the snake oil artists selling junk that ruins our vehicles.......................................... .............. Smile.

Last edited by avintage1956; 11-27-2003 at 09:35 AM.
Old 11-27-2003, 03:04 PM
avintage1956
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry

OPS. A braindead moment. Sorry guys, I posted this in the wrong section. Somebody please find my brain this morning............

Old 11-27-2003, 07:32 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Moved...