Sponsored by: Moser

What is the rarest option of all????

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 04:05 PM
shehan
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 79B4mytime
My dad and i restored a 1979 ford f250 crewcab 4X4 a few years ago and it has the rare rear window defroster from the factory. Only 13 trucks were made with this option from the factory. I can post a picture later today.
Looking forward to seeing it!

Old 06-14-2014, 04:10 PM
shehan
Senior User
Originally Posted by ottoparts
I have yet to see a factory AM/FM stereo CB combo in person....
My brother has two cb handsets and the box that they go into. What seems to be the harder find for us is the antenna and it's wiring that hooks into the setup.

I'd love to track down and get my hands on the factory antenna and wiring for the cb/radio setup!

Old 06-14-2014, 05:36 PM
John R. Thomas
More Turbo
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
My 75 F-150 had a CB. The antennas were mounted on chrome tabs under the side
edges of the hood to the fender. The screws were small and very tight. Therefore, I removed the
pair of masts, but not the tabs they mounted on. I kept the parts and the CB.

Old 06-15-2014, 08:16 AM
ranger429
Logistics Pro
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by John R. Thomas
My 75 F-150 had a CB. The antennas were mounted on chrome tabs under the side
edges of the hood to the fender. The screws were small and very tight.
Therefore, I removed the
pair of masts, but not the tabs they mounted on. I kept the parts and the CB.
Those were not the factory CB antennas and I doubt your CB is original.

The original antenna mounted in the same spot as the regular radio antenna as shown in this picture. I found this setup at a local swap meet, brand new in the box.

The CB mic looks like this and plugs in under the dash.

Old 06-15-2014, 02:38 PM
79B4mytime
New User
Rear Window Defroster

It is very hard to see in the pictures but it is there.

Old 06-15-2014, 06:58 PM
ranger429
Logistics Pro

It is very hard to see in the pictures but it is there.
Looks familiar to me. I seem to remember putting the glass in that truck! Where are the rest of the pictures and what all have you done to it?

Old 06-16-2014, 10:29 PM
79B4mytime
New User
Ranger 429

Originally Posted by ranger429
Looks familiar to me. I seem to remember putting the glass in that truck! Where are the rest of the pictures and what all have you done to it?

Hey ranger429, my name is Tyler Stauffer, I am 16 and my dad is the one who bought this truck from you on eBay back in 2008 or 2009 (I forget) we did a complete restoration which took us a year and a half to do, working long weekends and working through the night sometimes. I was a few years younger (obviously). I want to personally thank you for selling this rare truck, it is what made me and my dad's father-son relationship soo strong and deep. This is one of the greatest things any dad could do with their son at my age (which was 13 or 14 yrs old at the time). Here are some pictures.

In the pictures I am the kid with the crazy hair and I am standing in between the frame rails, I don't look like that anymore (hair is now shorter). My little brother tanner, who helped with the project from time to time, is the one with the black hair. In the photo with all three of us standing in front of the truck, my dad is to the left, my brother in the middle, me at the right, this phot of us was taken at the 4x4 jamboree in Bloomsburg PA in 2013, so it is pretty recent. We did a total frame off restoration, leather heated power seats out of a Chevy Tahoe in the interior(one picture shows all the doors panels removed, they are currently on the truck the way they should be. We put a custom console which is mounted to a 12" subwoofer, new door speakers, LED lights all around (everywhere), we put high boy front leaf springs in to lift the truck, put a 3" inch lift block in the rear axle, 35" all-terrain tires, aluminum rims, new radio, basically everything is new. Feel free to ask any questions, we did so much that I sometimes forget what we did.

Old 06-16-2014, 10:35 PM
79B4mytime
New User
The first thing we did when we got the truck off the delivery trailer was we rode over to our shop in the night and parked it in our shop, where it never left or was driven for a year and a half.

Old 06-16-2014, 10:56 PM
MRUGG
Post Fiend
You all did a great job. It all looks great!

Old 06-16-2014, 10:57 PM
79B4mytime
New User
Thanks, this truck means a lot to me.

Old 06-17-2014, 07:12 AM
ranger429
Logistics Pro
Hey ranger429, my name is Tyler Stauffer, I am 16 and my dad is the one who bought this truck from you on eBay back in 2008 or 2009 (I forget) we did a complete restoration which took us a year and a half to do, working long weekends and working through the night sometimes. I was a few years younger (obviously). I want to personally thank you for selling this rare truck, it is what made me and my dad's father-son relationship soo strong and deep. This is one of the greatest things any dad could do with their son at my age (which was 13 or 14 yrs old at the time).
Your welcome Tyler. This is what makes it so worth selling that truck to your dad. I spent ALOT of time on that truck and I'm glad to see it went to a good home. I think I told your dad that if it ever goes up for sale I got first dibs. I can tell right now with the amount of dedication you guys have put into it that truck isn't going anywhere.

I don't know if you seen these pictures before but it will give you a good break down on the work that I had done to it. Just follow the link: http://www.supermotors.net/mygarage/...n.php?id=20154

Looks like it was 2010 when I sold it, that is when this picture was taken and this was the night I loaded it on the car trailer to head your way. Had to get one last shot of it with my Bronco.

Old 02-03-2016, 11:40 PM
hkopp
Senior User
Yes, I am digging up an old thread, it started in 03 but ran until 2014...so I felt it was justified. I came across this thread in a search, and wanted to share options in my folks' 79 Ranger XLT Bronco. It was two tone creme in the center and dark green on the top and bottom, green cloth/vinyl interior. It had the AM digital radio, with the clock, tilt, auto, air, cruise, int wipers, rear power window, hood lock, and factory fog lights behind the grill (yellow fog lights...not clear, lol), front bumper guards, passenger lighted mirror in visor, all chrome surrounds with woodgrain inserts on glove box door, padded green/chrome door panel inserts, oil cooler, ford floor mats, traction lock rearend, swing a way rear tire with color coded tire cover saying bronco and a kicking bronco, tinted windows (back were really dark, not aftermarket film), dash gauges - not idiot lights, the fake leather wrapped steering wheel - not sport but woodgrain with cruise control buttons. It also had a 32 gallon tank with a skid plate, I think a skid plate on the transfer case too if I recall. Rear sway bar, oh...quad shocks too.

Its taken me about 25 minutes sitting here going over that truck in my head and remembering everything. It had a color matched green bug shield but that could have been dealer added aftermarket. I'm not familiar with what above were options or standard with the XLT package of 79. I have a 75 XLT F250 4x4 and a few things are similar inside (the dash chrome around the gauge panel was like real chrome on the bronco, not painted like my F250. My glove box surround is chrome tho with the woodgrain). It was a super nice rig, and looked nearly identical to the one on the bronco dealer brochure, which my folks still had when they sold it. I really liked that color combo too, and usually dont like two tone. I should have bought it...it was a time capsule that was garaged all the time. Unfortunately I was going thru a divorce and funds were, well..nonexistent.

Anyway...just wanted to share as I read the first few pages of this post and there were questions about options being available. This is how that bronco was. Oh, when they sold it in 2008 it had 38k miles. I'll see if they have photos and will share.

Old 02-04-2016, 07:47 AM
GTT78
Mountain Pass
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
All the posts on the FTE site are great and informative, but I find myself looking back at this one quite often. I remember a lot of these options on the trucks my parents had. My mom drove a yellow and white '79 Bronco. My parents packed more things into that truck and we had super memories. It had a factory CB. Thanks for all the wonderful posts.

Old 03-04-2016, 09:12 PM
dlfulp
New User
How rare would a 1978 Ford F-100 bought off the dealer lot with the following be (1 owner):
Locking cable hood latch
Locking glove box
Locking spare tire
Locking gas cap
Wood grain steering wheel without cruise
Lighted ash tray
Chrome around the tail gate handle
Rope tie downs along the sides and the tail gate
Light under the hood
Chrome around the back windshield
Rear cargo light
Dealer installed vent shades
Delayed windshield wipers
Gages and lights

Old 08-26-2016, 03:41 PM
SupercabTJ
Junior User
How bout a metric 100 MPH speedo? Appears to be a paper sticker stuck on top of the embossed white numbers. Got mine out of a 76 F250 at the wrecker, I'm in Canada though, maybe common up here, but I've never seen one before

Quick Reply: What is the rarest option of all????