2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just ordered my new 2004 Lariat!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2003, 01:48 PM
Cityslicker
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just ordered my new 2004 Lariat!!!

Hi guys-

First post here. Just ordered my new 2004 Arizona Beige Lariat
Crewcab and couldn't be happier! . This is my first truck and first Ford, so this is all very exciting. Here are the options:

-Tan leather 40/20/40 bench seats (didn't care too much for the floor shifter)
-LT Offroad tires
-Tow package
-Skid plates
-Power rear sliding window
-Audiophile Sound system
-3.73 Limited slip Rear

Bought the truck for $200 UNDER invoice! Thought that was a pretty good deal from what I have read on this board. Dealer tells me the truck will likely be here in 5 weeks. It'll be a tough wait, but well worth it.

It was a tough choice- I almost bought a 2003 F-250 Lariat, but I decided that since I dont forsee my need to tow anything for several years, the new F-150 would be better suited (saved quite a bit of money too!).

I'll post pics when she comes in.

Old 11-07-2003, 04:09 PM
will1010
Freshman User
Congrats on your new truck, i have a black w/ beige 2 tone lariat 4x2 s-cab with tan interior with the 40-20-40 seat also, i wasn't really impressed with the floor shifter and console either, it looked a little boxy and cheap from the side view. however, the "tan" interior comes with very light cream color seating surfaces!!the lightest color in the whole interior!(clean me!!!) unless you really want a light color interior i would suggest considering another color where you can get black or flint leather inside. anyway, good luck with the truck.

Old 11-07-2003, 04:46 PM
Cityslicker
New User
Thanks Will.

Your right about the tan interior being very light. I thought about that for some time before I bought the truck, but I personally think the color is beautiful. If I have to clean the leather a couple of times a year, I dont mind.
I do wish that Ford would offer the gray leather with the Arizona beige though. That would have been my first choice but even so, Im very happy with the tan.

Like I mentioned, I got the truck for $200 under invoice and I'm also getting several rebates. Being in the military, I'm eligible for $750 cash back, and another $450 for being a recent college graduate. Also, the dealer said I'd be able to receive any rebates and/or financing incentives that Ford coughs up between now and the time I pick the truck up (~5 weeks). I couldn't pass up this deal!

Old 11-08-2003, 06:15 PM
Chiefman
Senior User
Congrats on your new truck cityslicker. You are going to love it!

Old 11-09-2003, 10:37 PM
MarauderGuy
New User
I'm thinking of doing the same. I test drove the other day and I fell in love.

Old 11-11-2003, 08:37 PM
Captain Jim
Freshman User
Congrats on your truck. I custom ordered my 04 Lariat 4x4 Crew Cab and received it in about five weeks. Mine is loaded with every option except DVD since I got the moon roof. I love it.

One thing I haven't seen too many posts on is the Audiophile system. This is the best sounding factory system I have heard in a vehicle. You will love the sound, especially the bass thumping from the sub under the rear seat.

The only problem I have found is the slight vibration of the bed when on bumpy roads. You can actually see it shake in the rear view when driving, but it's not too bad. I owned a 01 Yukon before, so maybe I'm just not used to the bed jiggle.

Enjoy!

Old 11-13-2003, 02:39 PM
NuttyGambler
New User
Me too...
Last Friday 4X4 Screw Lariat with following options.

Audiophile
DVD
Trailer Tow
Two tone - Black/Tan - tan interior
Heated seats
Bright running Tubes

Got the bench seat too, so it can seat 6 if needed.

We have a 2002 Yellow Tbird, but I think my kids are more excited about this truck, then the car.

Hope it makes it by Christmas.