1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

?? Where can I find.......

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 06:02 PM
williamwilliam
Laughing Gas
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
?? Where can I find.......

Does anyone know where I can find a set of the bullet type bed rails that are normally found on these trucks? I have a set on my 68, but I cant seem to find a set for the 72 I am restoring. Can anyone help me?

Old 11-06-2003, 08:42 AM
williamwilliam
Laughing Gas
will you please email me at (use the email function in the Profile) and let me know the name of the mags! Thanks!

Last edited by BB; 11-06-2003 at 09:55 AM.
Old 11-07-2003, 04:07 AM
williamwilliam
Laughing Gas
Please bump this thread. I think sometimes the mods on this board go over board on some things. please check my PROFILE and email me if you can help me. I mean really, what difference does it make if I post my email in my thread?

I mean I thought this was a place where Ford truck guys can go to get help? I understand that you guys want everyone to do business with one particular place, but do you guys offer the bed rails I am looking for.......NO......so why is it so hard to let me post and try to find the parts I need?

Last edited by williamwilliam; 11-07-2003 at 04:10 AM.
Old 11-07-2003, 06:50 AM
DuckRyder
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BB Explained why they don't want E-Mail Addy in the message in the "posting rules" post.

I would also like to know where to get some "period" bed rails.

Old 11-07-2003, 12:17 PM
BB
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
williamwilliam, we're not trying to be difficult! The email thing is for yours and our protection. If a spammer gets your address from here, be prepared for 6 months of heck.

As far as the businesses, it's the site filter - not us mods that do the ****. Be easy on us, it's a thankless job.

Barry

Old 11-07-2003, 03:40 PM
pward76
Elder User
Hey Barry,

I think you and all of the moderators here do a heck of a job - and I've truly been meaning to say so publicly, just needed a nudge like this one.

Pat

Old 11-07-2003, 05:38 PM
BB
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thank-you very much Pat! That means a lot and you made my day!

Barry

Old 11-07-2003, 06:57 PM
willowbilly3
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I second that pward, and they still allow us to post the forbidden names in our gallery's or at least email each other to take certain things aside that the existance of this site still made possible. You just have to learn the rules and how we negotiate them sometimes to exchange information.

Old 11-08-2003, 10:45 AM
williamwilliam
Laughing Gas
willowbilly3, I see what your saying, but I still disagree with it. It all seems to come down to the seller this board is promoting, and thats not what a true discussion forum is all about. I think it is rather stupid when someone posts asking for help to find something, then they get a response from someone on the board, but you still cant understand what they said because the "site filter" puts up ****************!!!!!!!!!!
Now I still cant tell what magazine uk1050 is talking about, so I have to post again and again to find out??
Someone please tell me what magazine uk1050 is talking about and EMAIL ME and let me know.......PLEASE.

Old 11-08-2003, 10:54 AM
Opiewan
Elder User
it's probley the mag ********** or try this one ******** or maybe if they dont have it try this guy ************ then again i know for sure i saw one the other day in my new *********** catalog.

Old 11-08-2003, 12:57 PM
williamwilliam
Laughing Gas
Opiewan, thats what I am talking about, LOL, LOL, LOL !!!!!

See what I mean.........frustrating and makes no sense...........

Old 11-08-2003, 03:18 PM
Opiewan
Elder User
i had this same problem a while back, i wondered the same thing, but then a few of the people on this site set me messages telling me the reasons why certain names and or links are not allowed on this forum. i again asked why and was informed by one of the cheifs that it was his reasons and that is all that should matter. afterall this is his site and he controls it and it would not be here if he didnt. it takes alot of money to have this much storage and or bandwidth so all i can say is sometimes yes it is like pulling nails but you have to respect the creators wishes. and i dont really know what your looking for or have any idea where you could find it, i was just poking a little fun.

Old 11-08-2003, 04:01 PM
williamwilliam
Laughing Gas
Oh I know you was, I was playing along with you.

But thats my point, if Motorhaven doesnt have what your looking for, why not let people join in and share other parts dealers to help people find what they are looking for. I agree, this is a good site, but letting people post other parts dealers is not going to cut the throat of the owner of this board. After all, this is a disscussion board where people come to ask questions and get answers. Sharing info.........thats what its all about.

Old 11-08-2003, 04:18 PM
Opiewan
Elder User
well yes i see your point and i had the smae questions way back when. it is like when you hate something with all your gut, such as someone whipping a dog or something. you just cant stand to see that. well sometimes people hate other sites and companys for the same reason so to speak. there is a hobby shop here in town that always talked crap about our hobby shop we ran. they did nothing but tell people we were crooks and didnt know what we were selling. which was an outright lie because i know alot about hobbies, more in radio controlled airplanes then anything else, but i can find you a part if you needed it and could understand when you told me what you needed. well we had a website for a long time i was doing all the upkeep on it and some slot car guys that raced on our track was advertising a sale and an event that was going on at the other hobby shop. well i didnt think that was right so i went in and deleted the post. which being my site i felt that it was okay. of course i got complaints and the same thing was said to me that your saying now. motorhaven allows quite a few links to ther truck suppiers and parts houses but there are a few that are not allowed.there is reasoning behind it i am sure but it is there reasons so i just respect them and if i see something that is ******* and i want to know what the ******* was well i ask the person to either send me a email telling me or i send them one asking them. hope you find what it is you need. and remember to shop here first, gotta support this awesome site.

Old 11-08-2003, 05:59 PM
willowbilly3
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Right, wrong or otherwise, it is Ken's site, not a democracy. It is business and I am sure he has his reasons for drawing the line where he did. He does allow some merchants names through. The others I am told, do not support the site. I am not sure what kind of support they mean.

Quick Reply: ?? Where can I find.......