General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Join The NRA's "Good Guys" List

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 01:29 PM
NRAJOE
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Join The NRA's "Good Guys" List

Updates and Alerts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join The NRA's "Good Guys" List
The Brady gun-ban group is at it again. Faced with the prospect of the Clinton Gun Ban sun- setting, the Brady Bunch is engaging in a desperate fundraising campaign aimed at portraying the NRA as "extremist." Full page ads, recently placed in the New York Times, are not only full of fallacious drivel, emotional sensationalism, and outright falsehoods, but also state that NRA has "flat-out lost touch with the American people." The Brady Center’s extensive research must have overlooked the fact that NRA has four million "American people" as members and is the nation’s oldest and largest civil rights organization.

Desperately seeking relevance, the Brady Bunch has even launched an anti-NRA website which attempts to bash NRA as "blacklisters" for merely documenting the gun-ban advocacy of such "mainstream" American "luminaries" as Alec Baldwin, Michael Moore, and, lest we forget, Moon and Dweezil Zappa.

Duplicitous ads and imaginary "blacklists?" That’s some story.

Alternatively, to demonstrate the broad base of support for NRA and its legislative agenda, we have launched an NRA "Good Guys" List website. It’s a list of law-abiding Americans who support freedom of speech and the Right to Keep and Bear Arms. We encourage you to stand up and be counted by adding your name to our "Good Guys" list. You don’t have to be an NRA member to join the list; you just have to believe in freedom. To visit the site and add your name to the list, please go to www.NRAHQ.org/goodguys.asp.

Old 10-29-2003, 03:20 PM
Ricos Triton
Freshman User
Question

Are you with the NRA or something?? LOL

Old 10-29-2003, 03:39 PM
sinjin
Posting Guru
Joe meet Rico. Rico, Joe. You may not know it yet but you have a lot in common even if it's not the NRA thing.

Wouldn't it be sweet if this site were responsible for match made in Heaven.

Gotta go. I'm getting all misty.

Old 10-29-2003, 03:41 PM
grapegravy
Elder User
Old 10-29-2003, 03:46 PM
Waxy
Postmaster

Waxy

Old 10-29-2003, 11:52 PM
dono
Gone but not forgotten.
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
As I look at this page on the forum, I see 27 threads, 6 of them started by NRAJOE who seems to believe that FTE should be a bulletin board for the NRA. I left the NRA years ago partly because of members like NRAJOE who believe that anyone who does not choose to march in lock step with their views is some kind of pariah to be scorned and rediculed. I do not believe that his fanaticism reflects the views of most gun enthusiasts, but sadly there are many who share the narrow, closed minded views he espouses.
Dono

Old 10-30-2003, 03:48 AM
Mike W
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you were in charge, what guns would you allow the common folk to own?

Old 10-30-2003, 10:38 AM
dono
Gone but not forgotten.
Originally posted by Mike W
If you were in charge, what guns would you allow the common folk to own?
Who is "you"? To me, it is not "what guns" that is the primary question for "the common folk" (whatever that is), it is the paranoiac belief that ANY regulation of ANYTHING related to firearms is a part of a plot by an unspecified "they" to take away our guns. I must have a license to drive my car which is regestered and inspected for safety, an airplane must have annual inspections to fly, the house being constructed down the street must meet codes and standards, ect., but guns must not be regulated in any way or we will lose them - what nonsense.
Dono

Last edited by dono; 10-30-2003 at 10:57 AM.
Old 10-30-2003, 10:44 AM
NRAJOE
This is a political board dono...the NRA and the gun issue is political...don't read my threads...problem solved...have a nice life.

Old 10-30-2003, 11:04 AM
NRAJOE
Oh, p.s. registration is the first step to confiscation...ask the people of Britain, Australia, parts of Canada...

Old 10-30-2003, 11:10 AM
NRAJOE
Move to California and see how long you get to keep your guns also...I know people in Kali...not a pretty scenario...they registered their AK's and SKS's and now they are gone.More to come...................

Old 10-30-2003, 11:14 AM
dono
Gone but not forgotten.
Originally posted by NRAJOE
This is a political board dono...the NRA and the gun issue is political...don't read my threads...problem solved...have a nice life.
Thank you, I have a nice life. Since I already ignore most of the plethora of threads that you clutter the Pig Pen with, I have no problem to solve. You might give some thought to my comment re making this an NRA bulletin board. If this places me on one of your "lists", that's OK. I expect I have a lot of good company.
Dono

Old 10-30-2003, 11:40 AM
NRAJOE
Buh bye then.

Old 10-30-2003, 11:52 AM
grapegravy
Elder User
They deleted the thread, NRAJOE, is there any way I can have verified proof of getting on the blacklist? Maybe a membership card or such? You know what, nevermind. I don't need a card to state what I believe in,, I do that well enough myself. Nor do I need stickers or bulletins.
As far as registration goes, I wouldn't want anyone not to be registered as a gun-owner. Saves themselves a lot of hassle in the long run if they do run across a situation where they need to use them. Those laws are in place to protect the gun-owners just as much as the rest of our society. You use Aks and SKS as an example of bad gun control. Considering what most criminals use as weapons,,, i.e. automatic firearms, I believe they should be taken off the streets. In a self-defense situation, a semi-auto handgun will do the job just as well if not better. Especially when the bullets start flying and there are innocents around. I'd much rather see someone empty the rounds out of handgun clip than a AK's clip. Less collateral damage. Besides the "coolness" of owning a fully automatic weapon, there has never been a viable reason to own one. I honestly do not have any problems at all with the NRA as a whole. I think it is a needed lobby group on "The Hill". It's extremists such as yourself that can only see your side that make me cringe at the thought of you having the power over life and death. Not only do I think all firearms should be registered and inspected for flaws, I think the owners should be subjected to psychological evaluations on a schedule. Maybe every five to ten years. I don't want guns taken away from upstanding citizens of our society who have proven their use and ability to add to the greater good, only from those that perpetuate the problems of living in this melting pot of America. Included in those that shouldn't have them, In My Opinion, are those with little or no tolerance for fellow man, no matter his beliefs. Are you at least starting to get what my point has been for the last week? I truly do hope so, you seem to be fairly intelligent despite your blatant myopia, and I would like to discuss these issues with you in a rational manner. Which to date has been impossible.
Save me a barstool, Dono, I've got the first round

Old 10-30-2003, 12:07 PM
NRAJOE
Red face

Sigh...

Once again you show your uninformed liberal bias. Criminals do not use fully auto weapons...and my AK's and SKS's are not full auto. As soon as someone like yourself hears "AK" you start wringing your hands. AK-47's have been used in only 1% of armed crimes in America. Fully automatic arms have been heavily regulated in this country for years and owners must pay very high license fees to keep them.

Gun ownership is a right passed down to us by our founding fathers in a little paper called the "Constitution".

Driving a car is a "privilege" not a right.

If you licensed gun ownership it would also turn into a "privilege" and no longer be the right it was intended to be.

You are the ones who have attacked me since I have spoke out on my beliefs and follow me from thread to thread making inane comments.

But thats alright...I expect nothing less from sheeple.

Quick Reply: Join The NRA's "Good Guys" List