Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cruise control (again)

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2003, 11:21 AM
boilerperson
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question cruise control (again)

Well, here I go again.... A while back I asked for cruise control help and I got good responses, but still no cruise !!! So far I tested with a volt meter using a procedure I found that states what the voltage should be when every button is pushed. All OK. I found the cable was broke. I thought great, this is it. Fifty bucks later for a cable, no go. On a previous post, it said most likely the brake switch (the one on the master cylinder). What the heck for Less than twenty bucks I put one on. Still nothing. Right now I'm thinking servo. I didn't price one yet (out of fear). Any other thoughts ??

Old 09-16-2003, 01:14 PM
rabidranger
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cruise control (again)

I got the servo for mine at a junkyrad for $25. Look at different vehicles though too. The one I pulled was actually from an explorer. I saw it as I walked by and sho'nuff it was the same.

Old 09-16-2003, 08:08 PM
tripndrag
Tuned
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
cruise control (again)

Did you check the plastic wedge that holds the vac. switch. I knocked mine out of alignment when I was changing the brake booster. I moved it back and after some fast driving on rough roads it slipped down again. It wasn't pushing that switch so when I was trying to turn on the cruise it though I had the brake on because that switch wasn't being pressed and the cruise wouldn't turn on. I put a some glue on the wedge after the adjustment the third time it slipped down. If you changed the switch and vac. line I am sure you saw the plastic wedge and adjusted it.

Old 09-18-2003, 11:10 AM
boilerperson
Freshman User
Cool cruise control (again)

Thanks for the help. I was thinking junk yard. Also, after I sent the post I realized I didn't include info. on year, model. It is a 95 F-150 Eddie Baur. 4.9 Six, 5 speed manual. No vacuum Lines for Cruise !! At this point I think this Saturday I'll be Junk Yard shopping.

Old 09-27-2003, 03:39 PM
boilerperson
Freshman User
Talking cruise control follow up

To all, just a follow up on my cruise control problem. The info. might be of some help to someone out there. The problem ended out being the servo. Now the way I did the repair. I went to the local U-pull-it junk yard and pulled on off a Ford Contour. My thought is the servo motor must be the same, only the circuit board must be different. After all the board must match the vehicle (auto, stick etc.).
I used the servo motor from the Contour, and the circuit board from my truck. I now have a working cruise. Hope this infor is helpful.