Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Niteowl? Help with SunPro

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2001, 01:40 PM
Hartwood
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Niteowl, (or anyone else with time to spare)

I don't yet have a service manual yet for the Ford. Where do I plug the SunPro scanner in? I have no clue. The directions say to look in the service manual, uhhh.... yeah ok..... I still don't have one.... I know I need to get one. Right now, it is my humble opinion that either the oxygen sensor is bad or going bad or one of the egr sensors are going bad. The check engine light only come on if I am going relatively slow, 35 or less.

I have the extended cab, long bed,.. do you have the same? I was wondering what type of gas mileage you got? I also have a cap, that should help a little with the mileage. Of course a good wax job is always good for at least a half ounce of gas over a months time. :0

When I bought the truck I was told it had 4 wheel abs and the towing package. I did find what appears to be a small oil cooler in front of the condensor. It is about 4 inches high by about 8 inches long. Just a guess. Does this mean it came with the towing package. I don't have a frame hitch. I can't figure out if it has 4 wheel or two wheel abs. I believe I have a 3:55 rear end. Thanks again.

Old 11-01-2001, 10:29 PM
Pastmaster
Postmaster

Old 11-02-2001, 02:25 AM
TexasGuy001
Hotshot
Received 205 Likes on 165 Posts

If your talking about the diagnostic service port, it should be located on the driverside inner fender near the firewall. It is right by the hood hinge. Your truck probably has rear abs. If your master cylinder has a mess of lines then its 4 wheel abs. Most are just rear wheel. Thats what mine is.

Old 11-02-2001, 04:08 AM
mic
Junior User

The cooler in front of the condenser is more likely your
transmission cooler, so with that in mind you more than
likely have a heavy duty tow package, on my truck a 93,
the test port for the scanner is on the left side forward of the brake resevoir right next to the coil spring for the hood.
The cap will say TEST on top of it....

Old 11-03-2001, 04:58 PM
niteowl7
Senior User

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 03-Nov-01 AT 05:59 PM (EST)[/font][p]Hartwood,

Texasguy and Mic are correct...the plug is right by the driver's side hood hinge. There is a four contact connector as well as a single contact connector. Both have to be plugged into the SunPro to get the codes. Also, The SPOUT connector should be in front of and below the diagnostic connector. The SPOUT jumper is removed to set initial timing. I have the extended cab SHORT bed...I get about 15 MPG city.

'93 F150 XLT 2WD Supercab
5.0, AOD, K&N, Gibson